Question Mobo audio got broken after bluescreen, reinstalling drivers didn't help

Redzik

Honorable
Apr 29, 2016
Mobo: MSI b360a-pro
System W10

Recently I got some bluescreens after which my audio got broken, device is found by system but has the yellow warning icon next to it. After searching a bit for blue screen code explanation and trying to reinstal audio drivers it didn't help at all. I've decided to format my PC which fixed issue temporally because week after that I got another bluescreen and audio is dead again. How can I fix it?

View: https://imgur.com/a/ARqxWA7
<- View from device manager.

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Version for Windows 10? Have you tried uninstalling your audio drivers and reinstalling said audio drivers with latest version in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? I'm also curious to learn where you sourced your installer for the OS from?

Last edited:

Redzik

Honorable
Apr 29, 2016
While my Bios is not the newest it definetely has W10 support because I updated it in like 2019. I will try reinstalling audio drivers but for some reason Realtek wizard doesn't have uninstall option, I will get back on you with that. OS source I used for formatting is entirely different than the last one, even different version Ultimate -> Education.
Also not sure if W10 support or BIOS matters unless some W10 update starts fighting with my drivers suddenly after 2 years of no problem usage.

EDIT: You can just uninstall Realtek like any other program in Windows but driver itself has 'Open as Admin' turned on by default, reinstalling the driver didn't help.

Last edited:

Redzik

Honorable
Apr 29, 2016
Update: I have updated the Bios with newest version but it did nothing, worth pointing out might be the fact that my PC can't restart on its own like it turning off and going black screen but can't start system again I have to manually turn it off and then on. I tried doing sfc /scannow, it said it fixed some corrupted files but it did nothing.

Redzik

Honorable
Apr 29, 2016
Update 2: I formated system yet again, Mobo audio is working again. I've decided this time against installing realtek driver and it seemed to work out fine until during browsing web I got a bluescreen and one after that trying to turn on computer again:
IMG_20210617_132541.jpg
IMG_20210617_132823.jpg

Redzik

Honorable
Apr 29, 2016
IMG_20210618_163742.jpg

Another one to the collection with half-transparent frozen youtube video.
IMG_20210618_170430.jpg

FINAL EDIT POSSIBLY: I ran SMART scan and turns out my system disk has 16TB of rewritten total data somehow. HD tune also recommended swapping SATA cable which I did along with picking different slot and for now I have no issues anymore but Ill probably need to buy SSD eventually.

Last edited: