[SOLVED] Mobo BIOS Question

Dec 21, 2018
So I bought a MSI B350M Gaming Pro around november for my pc. But I also bought the Ryzen 5 2600. The Mobo has an AM4 socket but I wanted to know if the computer will boot with the mobo not having the most up to date chipset. Will that affect which bios version I have to use?

Solution
It's likely that the motherboard is already configured to work with Ryzen+ CPU's but it's not a guarantee. If the BIOS is not updated then you may be unable to boot. You would need a 1st generation Ryzen CPU in place in order to update the BIOS before installing the Ryzen 5 2600.

I would breadboard the build to test for compatibility before throwing everything into a case. If you can't boot then you'll need to return that motherboard for a B450/X470 motherboard.

Jwpanz

Honorable
It's likely that the motherboard is already configured to work with Ryzen+ CPU's but it's not a guarantee. If the BIOS is not updated then you may be unable to boot. You would need a 1st generation Ryzen CPU in place in order to update the BIOS before installing the Ryzen 5 2600.

I would breadboard the build to test for compatibility before throwing everything into a case. If you can't boot then you'll need to return that motherboard for a B450/X470 motherboard.

Solution