Question Mobo Broke, Limited Funds -- What Would You Do? Thanks for Any Help...

Jan 18, 2021
Hi guys,

First, thank you for reading. I'll get right to it. I have a Lenovo y710 Cube gaming PC (specs are below). Long story short, I pulled out the graphics card and must've missed a lever on the PCIE slot because I accidentally yanked the socket itself with the card. Argh!

My question: I want to get back up and running. I have limited funds, around $400. What should I do? Here are the options that appear to be available to me:

1. Buy replacement mobo of exact model (new I see is almost $200, used 160) and stick that in there.
  2. Buy a different mini ITX mobo, but id have to get one with CPU or transfer my CPU to that I guess. Id like to reuse my RAM sticks as well if I can.
  3. Buy a barebones PC and put my gtx 1070/hard drives in that
  4. Buy a super cheap/used gaming PC and start over. Maybe sell my 1070. But I dont think i could get a comparable system for $400
  5. ...something else?

My system specs:
Lenovo y710 cube, mini ITX case/mobo
i7-6700
GTX 1070
2 TB HDD
256 SSD
16 GB DDR4 2133

I would greatly appreciate any help you guys can give!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's a pc. As long as you match up the socket, everything is transferable. You will need to use the same lenovo motherboard, not an aftermarket or you will need to purchase a new windows key, the Lenovo copy of windows is tied to the motherboard. You may or may not need to contact Lenovo support to get your windows registered.

Reactions: drumdude777