dapayne88

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
im looking for some help putting my computer together, im a beginner and im tring to plug all of my hardware in. im not sure where everthing goes and the instruction manual looks alittle foreign to me. i have the cooler master scout with the sabertooth mother board. the board has 3 9 pine plugs that say usb78, usb910 abd usb1112. well my case has 2 plugs that just say usb. do they go in any og them? i also have a red flat cable that says ata cable where does that go? oh yeah then theres a cable on the case that says hd audio, on the board theres a place that says aafp. does that cable go there?

The usb plugs only fit one way on the usb ports on the motherboard. One pin is blocked out or missing; any flat ribbon cables are only used for ide hardrives; the sata cables are slim. Hd audio will go near the port side of the board; it only fits one way. Again, check the connector for a missing pin or one that's blocked off with a white insert and match it up to the pins on the board. Those white id labels are hard to read on the motherboard; use a magnifying glass if needed. Those labels will match the labels shown in your board manual.

abully

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
i am assuming that you have the X58 Sabertooth board...

You can plug your case USB plugs into the boards' USB910 and USB 1112... the USB78 is for any USB pci should you expand at the back...

The red ATA cable is to be plugged into any one of the 6 SATA (black color) connectors on the board...

Yes... HD Audio cable of the case to be connected to AAFP connector on the left lower edge of the board behind the last pci express slot...

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/274745-13-step-step-guide-building

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y8T8QAsDZs

Those are just the numbering for the connectors, nr 7 and nr 8, 9 and 10, etc, you can use any. For the USB case connector put it first in the USB Q connector first if you have one (I think it's the blue one) and then in the mobo but the Q connector isn't a necessity. That flat cable is for data for the old IDE devices, you don't use it. Yep, the AAFP is the front audio connector.

LE I was late, questions already answered.

dapayne88

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010

what usb cable do i put the q-connector in and where ? usb910 or usb112?

dapayne88

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
as far as the white molex plugs on the case , do i just plug all of them into the plug that comes with the corsair 750 mod? there is a cable that holds 4 plugs that will go into the case plugs. i have the radeon hd6850 from sapphire. that looks like the same type of plug. i have another one of them plugs from the power supply that has 4 plugs on it. does that one go for the video card. ( sorry for all the ???, i lost)