[SOLVED] Mobo compatible with newly bought GPU?

Solution
Do you have access to any other PCs? I'd recommend testing the RTX 2060 in another system. If you know anyone who has a PC with a good enough PSU too, then ask to borrow theirs (basically anyone with a gaming PC). If it works, you should look into getting a new PSU. If it doesn't work in their PC, you should look into returning the 2060 for a replacement or refund.
Aug 20, 2019
Alright. If i told you my PSU is a raidmax 600AF, would the solution still be to update the old drivers?

Since the motherboard beeps on bootup i suspect the issue to be a hardware issue, and not a software issue - is that a correct assumption?

Aug 20, 2019
I haven't tried booting the computer without the GPU since i'm a rookie and didn't know how to connect the monitor without the GPU.

The motherboard is Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 rev 1.0

It has 1 long beep and 3 short, which according to Gigabyte's webside, signals a GPU error.

Is it impossible to put my old GPU in, boot the computer and install the driver for my new GPU?

Do you have access to any other PCs? I'd recommend testing the RTX 2060 in another system. If you know anyone who has a PC with a good enough PSU too, then ask to borrow theirs (basically anyone with a gaming PC). If it works, you should look into getting a new PSU. If it doesn't work in their PC, you should look into returning the 2060 for a replacement or refund.

Reactions: Asgerss
Solution