mobo criteria read post please & thank you

shaido7

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2003
Hello all,

I am looking to buy a mobo that meets these criteria. automatically detects my sata drives thats most important for me,and Is also a pretty stable board. then i usually buy a midrange price board not cheap and not most expenisve but one that is name brand, has a decent amount of options and can do decent overclocking. I dont want a 300 board prolly 150-250.00 maxx. I am looking for a core 2 duo board for an e6600. If the board was penryn ready that would be a big plus but i doubt they will be compatible.

please help the myriad of choices is mind boggling thank you guys

shaido7

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2003
looking at the top gigabyte mobo's. can anyone tell me if this board automatically sees your sata drives?

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DQ6 LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

shaido7

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2003
Hello,

I just plugged my raptor drive in to whatever sata connection on my mobo and i get nothing so i try to add sata drivers maybe sata raid drivers from both motherboard and i think western digital drivers. It sees my hard drive i actually installed windows on the drive but when i try to use it as my main boot drive. it doesnt work but when i plug my ide back in the machine boots up and i can go into the sata drive.so....... heres my question how do i check to see if thats the problem uber sven?

I am willing to try anything but at this point imr easdy to upgrade to a mobo that i dont have to deal with a floppy and drivers.