Distinguished
May 8, 2008
ok heres my config

Asus m2n sli delux
amd 4400 athlon x2
160 hdd seagate
xfx 7600gt
sony dvd rw

now the prob is..im kinda newly into the realm of pc gaming nd hardware..nd tis my first home built pc..its ben almost a year now..i hav a frustratin time wit stable frame rates wit the latest games..so i thought i'd speed things up wit a bit overclockin..i've had almost no experience in overclocking befor..i overclocked my gpu from 700 to 780memory nd 540 to 580core on stock cooler..nd i also ran nvidia's ntune to auto tune my other clock speeds..although the ntune wasnt very succesful but i was happy wit the gpu gains nd it made gaming easier..i tested for glitches using atitool nd found none nd gpu temps reached 65degrees max under load..after a whil i started getting a few random freezes whil browsin nd other stuff whil on the desktop..nd in the followin weeks the frequency of freezes rose nd i thought overclockin was the prob nd brought the clocks to factory default..after doin tht my pc was relatively freeze free for many hours until it jus abruptly switched off nd never switched on again..at the max on restarting the whole power supply nd switchin on again i get til the windows screen until it switches itself off..now is this a simple prob..or is my board fried beyond repair..i hav warranty..nd hopefully i can claim it..but wil they find out whether i hav voided my warranty wit the overclockin stuff..nd i hav made sure ther is nothin wrong wit psu..is ther any thin i can do myself to get it workin again..or should i jus try my luck claimin the warranty..nd by the way i live in india..

Mondoman

Splendid
Swap in a cheap video card; if that works (after installing the correct drivers), then it's probably your video card.
You could also have software corruption. Try booting from a Linux "Live" CD -- if the Linux runs fine, that suggests your hardware is OK and you may just need a Windows repair install or full reinstall.
I'm pretty sure the current Ubuntu CD's are "Live" CDs.

red_star

Distinguished
May 8, 2008
its lik..after 2-5 minutes the pc switches off like some kinda power overload happens inside the board nd den i hav to remove the power cable nd plug it back to only to get 2-5mins of pc run time..i thought the psu was the prob so i removed all chasis fans hdd nd cdrom so its under min load but no luck..nd i also cross checked the gpu which isn the prob..so i guess in my opinion leaves only the motherboard responsible for the abrupt switchin off..

red_star

Distinguished
May 8, 2008
ok i tried swapping my friend's hdd..stil doesn work so i guess software isn the issue..i removed the case nd my pc works 5min longer meaning some thing IS getting overheated..i kinda hav a feeling its the psu thts heatin up..but i how do i make sure tht psu is the prob nd not the board..is ther any way of knowing for sure??