mobo dead or the cpu?

fulgore_123

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2001
I've just installed fop 38 (took of the tim and put on some radio shack paste) on my duron 800. I previously had thermaltake's chromeorb (comp worked fine). After installing the fop 38, the comp doesn't boot up.With the power turned on on the power supply, I do see the led light up below the agp slot. I think that my cpu core has cracked. Any ideas as to what happened.

What would happen if you turn on the comp with out the cpu?

btw mobo is asus a7v rev 1.02

:cool: Since we cannot get what we like, let us like what we can get

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Woohoo!! yet another AMD disaster post.

bummer dude, its part of that price/performance ratio thingie. guess you gotta buy a new CPU.

Takes a rocket scientist to install those things. average computer tech is just a accident waiting to happen when it comes to HSF install on AMD cpu.

Buy more AMD!

G

fu(k tyou fugger

i hbate you fugger you are a dick

AMD. It gets you chicks.

G

Make sure your new cpu fan is plugged in properly the plug

check when u power on if the cpu fan spins at all

Check that if it does...

Thats one step
I took out my agp card pc was on but like didn't post nothing

reset the AGP back in and it was fine

Did the chip damage when u put it back on?
were u careful?
If u know u were it should be fine

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

G

how are u able to get online if ur computer isnt working?

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

fulgore_123

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2001
thanx guys. You've been helpful. I doubt that any of you come back these many posts to look at this again, but the power supply was the fault. I've replaced the 250 watt with a new 300 watt p/s and everything is fine now.
Note to tbirdinside: I'm not restricted to only one computer. I go to college and any comp is at my disposal.

:cool: Since we cannot get what we like, let us like what we can get