Oct 31, 2019
This morning when i tried to start my PC i didn’t work. I tried and i tried and i tried with different tactics each time to make it start. Eventually disassembled the PC and i just reassembled it, this time nothing happened either so i gave up on trying to save it with no clue what the problematic component were.

So after going to the store to try to complain/return the MOBO that is 4 months old, and the PCU that is 2 months old (i figured that i might be one of those since i it probably is a power issue). Unfortunately i couldn’t ’cause i forgot my ID at home and they needed it to take the components to test them and see if they were faulty.

2 hours later in back home, reassembling my PC. Only to see that it works. BUT

[Moderator edit to remove profanity - remember this is a family friendly Forum]

to get off the loading screen after the login, and at the end the computer just shut down and the fans got really loud, so i restarted it. 2nd try i got in but when i got in everything was just pitch black, 2 mins later i could see the windows application bar at the bottom. So basicly the PC just loaded REALLY slow. So i restarted again. This time i got in a little faster, but it was very laggy, maybe like less than 5 fps. So i tried with the little time i had to check the system information to see if there was a component missing, and there was, the GPU wasn’t in the system information. But the screen that is connected with a HDMI in the GPU means that it must work..

does any of this make sense to any of you and do you have any idea what the issue might be? Im guessing motherboard, other than that i’ve got no clue of what can be wrong.

The computer has a SSD that’s 4 years old and only used for windows, PCU, GPU, 2nd SSD is 2 months old. MOBO, Case and CPU is 4 months old. So how can anything be faulty yet?

PC Comps:
CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 2600x + Stock fan
MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus x470 Ultra Gaming
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2070 Xtreme
PCU: Corsair RM750X
SSD1: sandisk 120gb
SSD2: kingston 960gb

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Yes. Boot with a minimal hardware configuration.

Use the motherboard's built in video versus a GPU. (Provided that your motherboard still has an integrated GPU.)

Disconnect all drives but the boot drive.

No overclocking, single monitor, etc..

The general objective being to reduce the computer's power demands.

Try safe mode.

Won't "boot in the morning" ; cold and some component needs to get warmed up. Maybe a lot, maybe a little depending on the circumstances.

Ralston18

Titan
First, I believe you mean PSU (not PCU) with regards to power supply.

Second, yes new components can and do fail early on and/or before designed EOL (End of Life).

For the most part, varying problems tend to make the PSU (Power Supply Unit) the prime suspect.

Try booting up and running with as minimal hardware and software configuration as possible.

If the system is stable start adding components or configuration changes one by one.

Determine when the problems start occurring.

Be methodical. Keep notes.

Oct 31, 2019
First, I believe you mean PSU (not PCU) with regards to power supply.

Second, yes new components can and do fail early on and/or before designed EOL (End of Life).

For the most part, varying problems tend to make the PSU (Power Supply Unit) the prime suspect.

Try booting up and running with as minimal hardware and software configuration as possible.

If the system is stable start adding components or configuration changes one by one.

Determine when the problems start occurring.

Be methodical. Keep notes.
Yes, i meant PSU, my bad.
How do you suppose i do with ”as minimal hardware and software as possible” ?

Do i just boot it without GPU, RAM etc? Because when i did it booted as usual, but ofcourse i couldn’t tell how slow it was on the screen as it was on the previous start up. It did not shutdown or anything after 2 min of running. The odd thing is, it shut down ONCE, and that was on the first boot, the other ones was good with no crashes, only really slow, like 1 frame per 5 sec. And it only happened after the login screen.

You could alway try booting up from usb key with a linux distro to see if its a windows/driver/software thing

Just remembered I did see an issue like this before with a work pc, loading really slowly, doing everything really slowly. Reseating the ram fixed it.

Oct 31, 2019
You could alway try booting up from usb key with a linux distro to see if its a windows/driver/software thing

Just remembered I did see an issue like this before with a work pc, loading really slowly, doing everything really slowly. Reseating the ram fixed it.
But if it was windows why would i suddenly not boot in the morning? Is it possible that windows affect that much?

Ralston18

Titan
Yes. Boot with a minimal hardware configuration.

Use the motherboard's built in video versus a GPU. (Provided that your motherboard still has an integrated GPU.)

Disconnect all drives but the boot drive.

No overclocking, single monitor, etc..

The general objective being to reduce the computer's power demands.

Try safe mode.

Won't "boot in the morning" ; cold and some component needs to get warmed up. Maybe a lot, maybe a little depending on the circumstances.

Solution