Question Mobo dead ?

Jan 23, 2021
Hi

been trying to fix a Pc that stopped booting been through all the steps advising 1 ram stick strip to just psu and mobo and advise from many other posts but 😔

so how do I know for sure that mobo is dead
Didn’t want to believe this as only reason it stopped booting I thought was cause I put it to sleep not shut it down but I’m quickly realizing that I know less than nothing

now when I boot with 1 ram stick it allows me to select f12 f9 and such but without ram it didn’t show the splash screen does this mean anything?

many thanks

Hi

been trying to fix a Pc that stopped booting been through all the steps advising 1 ram stick strip to just psu and mobo and advise from many other posts but 😔

so how do I know for sure that mobo is dead
Didn’t want to believe this as only reason it stopped booting I thought was cause I put it to sleep not shut it down but I’m quickly realizing that I know less than nothing

now when I boot with 1 ram stick it allows me to select f12 f9 and such but without ram it didn’t show the splash screen does this mean anything?

many thanks
And what your PC might consist of ????

Jan 23, 2021
Hi
Sorry I’m long time lurker 1st time posting didn’t think my specs would be relevant:

gigabyte ga-z170 xp sli
650w psu Corsair
8gb crucial ram
gpu is 1080 (but this is fine as it works in another set up)

thanks

TRENDING THREADS