[SOLVED] Mobo DOA? (Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro WiFi)

Aug 21, 2019
I am building a new PC with the B450 Aorus Pro WiFi, and the machine all put together shows no signs of power.

To troubleshoot, I plugged in the 24 pin and CPU power into an old working tower, and not only did it power on, but the fans inside the new case (that I forgot to unplug) powered on as well. Replacing the cables back into the new mobo gives the same result as before: no sign of power.

What may be the cause of this? Is the mobo dead on arrival? Or is there something I could've overlooked?

Known working parts:
Rosewill RGB fans x3 and RGB controller
Corsair 650W semi-modular PSU
Powercolor R9 380 4GB
WD Blue 2TB HDD
SanDisk 250GB SSD

Unknown:
Gigabyte AORUS B450 Pro Wifi
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
AMD Wraith Prism Cooler
Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 3200Mhz RAM
Deepcool Matrexx 55 Case

Solution
I figured it out with the help of the PCMR Facebook group. As it turns out, despite the manual for my rosewill RGB fans saying so, plugging in to the 5V power portion of the RGB addressable header is NOT required, and in my case (or motherboard rather), causes a short.

Putting this out there for anyone who buys either of these products. As an aside, I don't recommend the Rosewill RGB fans as while the lights work with most RGB solutions, they are manual fan speed only. Absolutely no way to have them be controlled by the mobo.
Aug 21, 2019
I figured it out with the help of the PCMR Facebook group. As it turns out, despite the manual for my rosewill RGB fans saying so, plugging in to the 5V power portion of the RGB addressable header is NOT required, and in my case (or motherboard rather), causes a short.

Putting this out there for anyone who buys either of these products. As an aside, I don't recommend the Rosewill RGB fans as while the lights work with most RGB solutions, they are manual fan speed only. Absolutely no way to have them be controlled by the mobo.

Solution