Question MOBO does not support xmp help

Disheveled_Human

Prominent
Dec 26, 2022
I just got a new rig, installed is 3600MT/s CL18 T-Force Vulcan Z 2x8gb Ram. The motherboard is a ASRock H610M-HVS the Bios is updated. I cannot figure out how to set ram speeds from default 2400mhz. Note the board is rated at a max of 3200mhz and does not support XMP since its a budget board. Can someone help me out? My issues are basically I need help manually setting the timings for 3600 CL18 rated ram to 3200mhz on this MOBO.

D

Deleted member 2947362

Write down the timing for 1798mhz

Go in to the Bios manually put in the timings

Select 3200 for ram speed or type 32 and enter if you have to type the multiplier number in

Then go to ram voltage and manually set that to 1.35v

Save and exit the Bios

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Disheveled_Human
D

Deleted member 2947362

you can skip putting the timings in and leave the setting to auto but be aware that the ram will probs be runnig at
CL20-22-22-22 or even looser timings for stability.

personally after reading your post again I would just leave the memory timing on auto unless you have experience with that board and memory timings and are prepared that you may have to resetting the bios a few times before you find the best timings and stability combo.

Disheveled_Human

Prominent
Dec 26, 2022
Write down the timing for 1798mhz

Go in to the Bios manually put in the timings

Select 3200 for ram speed or type 32 and enter if you have to type the multiplier number in

Then go to ram voltage and manually set that to 1.35v

Save and exit the Bios
the manufacture posted speeds for 3200 clock at 16-20-20-40. What will happen if for what ever reason the computer does not like what I did an crashes or worse fails to post?

D

Deleted member 2947362

the manufacture posted speeds for 3200 clock at 16-20-20-40. What will happen if for what ever reason the computer does not like what I did an crashes or worse fails to post?
yea Bios reset

try those setting worse thing is having to reset the bios and set it up to how it was before then trying different timings, the ram should be ok at those setting as long as the motherboard can accept them

Disheveled_Human

Prominent
Dec 26, 2022
yea Bios reset

try those setting worse thing is having to reset the bios and set it up to how it was before the try different timings the ram should be ok at those setting as long as the motherboard can accept them
my processor is rated to except 3200mhz ram when the MOBO cant clock. It is an i7 12th gen 12700k

D

Deleted member 2947362

To be totally honest I haven't messed around with an Intel system in a long time but if your cpu and motherboard both support 3200 ram speed you shouldn't have any problems try with timing on auto first it will work then when your feeling a bit more confident change the timings

D

Deleted member 2947362

oh yea your PC may turn off and on a couple of time and appear it's hanging but it's just setting up new config so dont be alarmed if it doesn't turn right away.

just give it amin to reconfigure.

MAKING SURE your system is unplugged from the mains electric if having to reset the Bios

(FFS sozz that's in advance just in case it all goes catastrophically wrong and burn ya house down or something)

I just got a new rig, installed is 3600MT/s CL18 T-Force Vulcan Z 2x8gb Ram. The motherboard is a ASRock H610M-HVS the Bios is updated. I cannot figure out how to set ram speeds from default 2400mhz. Note the board is rated at a max of 3200mhz and does not support XMP since its a budget board. Can someone help me out? My issues are basically I need help manually setting the timings for 3600 CL18 rated ram to 3200mhz on this MOBO.
Straight from ASRock, the motherboard does support XMP

ASRock H610M-HVS​

• Memory
    - Dual Channel DDR4 Memory Technology
    - 2 x DDR4 DIMM Slots
    - Supports DDR4 non-ECC, un-buffered memory up to 3200
    - Supports ECC UDIMM memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
    - Max. capacity of system memory: 64GB
    - Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 2.0

Disheveled_Human

Prominent
Dec 26, 2022
Straight from ASRock, the motherboard does support XMP

ASRock H610M-HVS​

• Memory
    - Dual Channel DDR4 Memory Technology
    - 2 x DDR4 DIMM Slots
    - Supports DDR4 non-ECC, un-buffered memory up to 3200
    - Supports ECC UDIMM memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
    - Max. capacity of system memory: 64GB
    - Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 2.0
I cannot find any option called xmp in the bios under OC tab the only thing I see is an option for gear 1 and gear 2.

I cannot find any option called xmp in the bios under OC tab the only thing I see is an option for gear 1 and gear 2.
There's a PDF User Manual which contains General information about the Motherboard and BIOS I haven't read it, but they may contain specific information on the BIOS settings.

The BIOS has an Advanced Mode for more and advanced system configurations

Last edited:
PDF Manual shows on Page 39

Shows the OC Tweaker Screen. The setting should be in DRAM Configuration where the PDF Manual says:

In the UEFI BIOS / OC Tweaker Screen, DRAM Configuration /
"Memory Information Allows users to browse the serial presence detect (SPD) and Intel extreme memory profile (XMP) for DDR4 modules. DRAM Timing Configuration Load XMP Setting Load XMP settings to overclock the memory and perform beyond standard specifications."

Disheveled_Human

Prominent
Dec 26, 2022
PDF Manual shows on Page 39

Shows the OC Tweaker Screen. The setting should be in DRAM Configuration where the PDF Manual says:

In the UEFI BIOS / OC Tweaker Screen, DRAM Configuration /
"Memory Information Allows users to browse the serial presence detect (SPD) and Intel extreme memory profile (XMP) for DDR4 modules. DRAM Timing Configuration Load XMP Setting Load XMP settings to overclock the memory and perform beyond standard specifications."

There is no Load XMP Profile tab anywhere. On the information screen there is an xmp profile read only with the timings listed for 3600mhz my issue is the board only goes to 3200mhz so how do I set the timings in manually and how do I make sure they are the correct timings so I don't mess up my computer. If I choose the Dram frequency there is auto and then a list of all possible frequencies up to 3200mhz. If I select 3200mhz and put everything auto (the voltage is already correctly defaulted to 1.35) will it work?

Last edited:

Disheveled_Human

Prominent
Dec 26, 2022
The BIOS version is supposed to be P1.30 if it has never been updated... P1.30 something if it has. Updating it may help you find the automatic XMP setting.

BIOS Version Finding
I checked to see if the bios is updated and it is, I think I am just gonna go buy a 32gb 2x16 kit of cl16 3200mhz ram and use the timings on that kit and manually enter them, I will save the 2x8 kit for if I ever get another MOBO then quad channel it. This h610m MOBO is complete crap when it comes to features. Especially since im using an i7 12700k 12th gen and a 3070ti.

I checked to see if the bios is updated and it is, I think I am just gonna go buy a 32gb 2x16 kit of cl16 3200mhz ram and use the timings on that kit and manually enter them, I will save the 2x8 kit for if I ever get another MOBO then quad channel it. This h610m MOBO is complete crap when it comes to features. Especially since im using an i7 12700k 12th gen and a 3070ti.
That would be a definite solution to the problem... To bad ASRock is so evasive in giving accurate information on their products... they do give out a bit of general advice about such information being changed constantly and that it could apply or not to certain products, like it appears to be the case for your motherboard. Sorry for elevating your hopes based on misinformation.

Disheveled_Human

Prominent
Dec 26, 2022
For What its worth I manually input the Ram 18-20-20-40 @3200 into my ram settings and it booted stable and is now running at 3200mhz in gear 1 which there was no XMP profile for.

Last edited:
Great!... after all XMP is just a programmed overclock. And I'm not 100% convinced the motherboard is incapable of using the XMP, I checked the BIOS manual, and it says there's an Advanced Mode for the BIOS, pressing F6 which contains additional hardware configurations... have you found that hidden window?

Something else, older motherboards had a 3 pin setting for the BIOS jumper, and one was considered a Configuration Mode, and it showed an additional BIOS window with advanced setting. See if your motherboard has that capability... it may have been replaced with the Advanced Mode, but who knows(?).