[SOLVED] mobo doesn't detect gpu

SLEEPYBOY

Prominent
Feb 9, 2020
hello, recently I built PC on motherboard ASUSTeK P5G41T-M , everything works fine but my gpu nvidia geforce gt 1030 is not detected by mobo, fan of gpu rotates and I think it works but it doesn't show up in device manager nor in dxdiag, I tried to remove and than put it back but nothing changed,therefore can't install drivers and PC automatically uses integrated graphics, here is specs:
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 @ 2.00GHz
Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM
2.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 401MHz (6-6-6-15)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5G41T-M LX2/GB (LGA775)
Graphics
229CQ (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel G41 Express Chipset (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Storage
465GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA050 ATA Device (SATA )
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB ATA Device
Audio
VIA HD Audio
in bios settings "initiate graphic adapter" is set to PEG/IGD
I am really confused and don't know what to do tried everything already
pls help :(

Solution
Because you're using an old motherboard without UEFI BIOS support there maybe a compatibility problem... I've installed many pascal cards on LGA 775 boards and it worked just fine, but recently I have had problems with some not recognizing them.

So, with older motherboards you're taking a risk when you want to install pascal or newer gen GPUs, because they' re lacking legacy support. 9th gen or older nvidia GPUs will most likely work because they still have legacy BIOS support.

That's most likely the cause of your GPU not being recognised.
Because you're using an old motherboard without UEFI BIOS support there maybe a compatibility problem... I've installed many pascal cards on LGA 775 boards and it worked just fine, but recently I have had problems with some not recognizing them.

So, with older motherboards you're taking a risk when you want to install pascal or newer gen GPUs, because they' re lacking legacy support. 9th gen or older nvidia GPUs will most likely work because they still have legacy BIOS support.

That's most likely the cause of your GPU not being recognised.

Last edited:
Solution

SLEEPYBOY

Prominent
Feb 9, 2020

That's most likely the cause of your GPU noy being recognised.

as it seem I can't do anything about it, right ?