Question Mobo doesnt recieve VGA port signal

Apr 28, 2019
I ordered a Asrock AB350 ATX Pro4 MOBO, with a ryzen 3 1200, a v-color 8gb ddr4 RAM stick .

I have tried freaking everything for it to display signal in its VGA port, change the ram slot, plugin in flash USB mouse and Keyboard, im afraid of the processor got damaged by a few times that i didnt connect the RAM sticks propertly and the CPU fan constantly stopped and continued working i turned on with a only metal screwdriver, that may cause static? idk, what it could be? i havent plug the GPU but i thinks thats not necesary, anyways it only has a HDMI port, its a rx580

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Are you serious now? that processor does not come with IGPU you need an external graphic card to get a post from the motherboard mate, go plug that graphic card in and it should give you a post.

IGPU = Integrated graphics unit

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I ordered a Asrock AB350 ATX Pro4 MOBO, with a ryzen 3 1200, a v-color 8gb ddr4 RAM stick .

I have tried freaking everything for it to display signal in its VGA port, change the ram slot, plugin in flash USB mouse and Keyboard, im afraid of the processor got damaged by a few times that i didnt connect the RAM sticks propertly and the CPU fan constantly stopped and continued working i turned on with a only metal screwdriver, that may cause static? idk, what it could be? i havent plug the GPU but i thinks thats not necesary, anyways it only has a HDMI port, its a rx580

It is necessary. The motherboard graphic outputs are only for use when you have an APU like a 2400G installed. If you don't use your GPU, you don't see anything, period.

Apr 28, 2019
Exactly what adapter did you use? And how are you connecting your monitor to your PC? You may need an active adapter, not a passive one.

It's better to give too much information than too little.
Exactly what adapter did you use? And how are you connecting your monitor to your PC? You may need an active adapter, not a passive one.

It's better to give too much information than too little.

The Gpu only has HDMI ports and my monitor only uses VGA, i used a HDMI to VGA adapter, it worked in my laptop before it uses HDMI port so neither the monitor or the adapter are the problem