[SOLVED] Mobo flashes when PSU is turned on, is this bad?

Feb 7, 2020
When I turn my PSU on from the switch at the back, my mobo has a white/blue flash for a split second, it happens just under where the audio stuff is at the bottom left.

The mobo is Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro, both mobo and PSU (Seasonic Focus PX-650 Platinum) are new, the mobo has a bunch of LED lighting effects on it in the same location, but when on they're all orange/red, so the white/blue flash is odd, I have no idea if the board can change the color of its LEDs.

I wasn't noticing it before, I've been turning the PSU on/off as I test things, the only change I think I made was updating BIOS.

Here's mobo off vs when I flick the switch:
ODDyjvS.png
KDJOvzd.png

Here's what it looks like when mobo is powered on at BIOS:
Mz8OHmH.png

Solution
The LED color can be changed. Are you sure it's the LEDs and not a spark or something? It may just be a moment where the board hasn't initialized instructions to set color, but that's strange, since my X570 Aorus Elite keeps its color on even when it's off (I guess that may be because I have LEDs in soft off and hibernation on? I'm not too sure)
The LED color can be changed. Are you sure it's the LEDs and not a spark or something? It may just be a moment where the board hasn't initialized instructions to set color, but that's strange, since my X570 Aorus Elite keeps its color on even when it's off (I guess that may be because I have LEDs in soft off and hibernation on? I'm not too sure)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS