Question mobo for i5 6800/k

DimDes

Reputable
Jan 24, 2017
i want to upgrade my system and i know what cpu i will use, the i5 8600(propably the K version) but i dont know what mobo i should use fot that cpu. Also i dont want to overclock or anything and before you ask i want the k version cause it gives more ghz and i dont want to spend more than 150€.Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Are you sure you've got the numbering for the processor correct? There is an i7-6800K but no i5-6800K. Or are you referring to the i5-8600K? if the i5-8600K, you're going to have to look at a Z370 or a Z390 chipset motherboard + DDR4-3200MHz dual channel ram kit.

Reactions: DimDes
For an 8 or 9th gen processor, you will need a lga1151 300 series motherboard.
If you do not want to overclock, any will do.
However, if you have a K suffix processor, I would highly advise spending a bit more for an overclockable Z370 or preferably Z390 motherboard.
You need not overclock initially, but that is what the Z processors are designed to do.
It is as simple as raising the default multiplier.
You are leaving some 20% performance on the table.
Your budget will give you many options.
Here is one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASRock-90-...+motherboard&qid=1553444917&s=gateway&sr=8-10

If you will buy a K processor, I highly suggest the i5-9600K
The price will be similar but the 9600K runs cooler because it has improved soldered heat spreader.
If you will be using a discrete graphics card, the i5-9600KF should show up soon.
It is the same processor without integrated graphics.
I do not know if the price will be anything less as you might think.

DimDes

Reputable
Jan 24, 2017
For an 8 or 9th gen processor, you will need a lga1151 300 series motherboard.
If you do not want to overclock, any will do.
However, if you have a K suffix processor, I would highly advise spending a bit more for an overclockable Z370 or preferably Z390 motherboard.
You need not overclock initially, but that is what the Z processors are designed to do.
It is as simple as raising the default multiplier.
You are leaving some 20% performance on the table.
Your budget will give you many options.
Here is one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASRock-90-...+motherboard&qid=1553444917&s=gateway&sr=8-10

If you will buy a K processor, I highly suggest the i5-9600K
The price will be similar but the 9600K runs cooler because it has improved soldered heat spreader.
If you will be using a discrete graphics card, the i5-9600KF should show up soon.
It is the same processor without integrated graphics.
I do not know if the price will be anything less as you might think.
tnx for your advice i didnt even saw the 9600k. where i live its almost the same price so i will be getting that one.

TRENDING THREADS