Dec 16, 2019
I attempted upgrading my pc the other day from an fx-8370 with an msi 970 and 16gb of HyperX ram to a Ryzen 5 3600 on an x570 aorus elite with 2x8gb of g.skill ripjaw 3600mhz ram. The powercolor red devil 5700xt has stayed the same as well as my 750 watt psu. The problem I’m occurring is that power turns on, the mobo briefly flashes rgb before settling on its standard orange, cpu fan turns on, gpu lights up, hard drives can be heard whirring, and all case fans except a front one turn on. But I get no display and the USB ports don’t send out power. I’ve tried everything I can think of. I found this video-
View: https://youtu.be/RcNVUjKWaQ4
which seems to be exactly what I’m experiencing right down to the front power button not working after boot. The only difference is his cpu fan isn’t working and mine is, but one of my case fans isn’t. He said the problem was just a fried mobo. Think my problem is the same? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Yeah I would think the motherboard is just dead. Make sure its not being shorted by any loose screws touching the board and make sure you have 24 pin, CPU, and GPU power all connected. If non of this fixes it then try removing and replacing the CMOS battery. If it still doesnt work just RMA the board.

ThatOneDude_21

Commendable
Oct 14, 2019
Yeah I would think the motherboard is just dead. Make sure its not being shorted by any loose screws touching the board and make sure you have 24 pin, CPU, and GPU power all connected. If non of this fixes it then try removing and replacing the CMOS battery. If it still doesnt work just RMA the board.

Solution