Mobo iGpu and reflowing

markoajronovi46

Prominent
Aug 2, 2018
I had bad experience with mobos that have integrated Gpu because it can lead to problems that pc wont even post because of mobo's gpu is bad.Reflowing would usually do the job and i know that reflowing is temporary but what i want to know how many times i can reflow the gpu before it totally dies if that can happens?Im curious because my good Asus mobo that i sold to my friend did this to me and i really didnt expected that,it happened after months of not using that mobo at all,i never had on it that problem before.Im buying Asus M5A78L-M and i found out it has iGpu so i want to know if it ever happens should i do something else or reflow it every time it wont post?

Solution
Your mileage will vary. As you mention 'reflowing' (at least the homebrew method) is a temporary fix, at best.
It may last you 6 months, it may last you 6 hours. Your expected lifespan typically decreases with each subsequent 'reflow'.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Your mileage will vary. As you mention 'reflowing' (at least the homebrew method) is a temporary fix, at best.
It may last you 6 months, it may last you 6 hours. Your expected lifespan typically decreases with each subsequent 'reflow'.

Solution

markoajronovi46

Prominent
Aug 2, 2018
well yes but is there any solution to bypass iGpu and post directly trough dedicated because dedicated works good if igpu is bad nothing works i mean somehow disabling it like it dosent exsist as mobo gpu