Anyone know what type of mobo's big companies like Dell & HP use?

I'm pondering whether it would be worth buying as oppose to building my own
rig.

Thanks.

Wll i am pretty sure Dell uses Intel boards. Every Dell I have had, there
was a Intel board.

--
William

"Rodger Carson" <rodger@email.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know what type of mobo's big companies like Dell & HP use?
>
> I'm pondering whether it would be worth buying as oppose to building my
> own
> rig.
>
> Thanks.

bar

Be they Dell, HP [or COmpaq], or any other chances are that the Mobo is
manufactured by a 3rd party. Long gone are the days when a manufacturer
built their own Mobo.

Most top brands have used Intel or MSI over the years.

Find a PC whcih you are particularly impressed by, then do a little research
on the manufacturers web site: look for user manuals and downloads, generally
you can work out the components used, such as Mobo, Video, Memory etc.

The go and buy you own parts and have fun.

"WTC" wrote:

> Wll i am pretty sure Dell uses Intel boards. Every Dell I have had, there
> was a Intel board.
>
> --
> William
>

> "Rodger Carson" <rodger@email.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone know what type of mobo's big companies like Dell & HP use?
> >
> > I'm pondering whether it would be worth buying as oppose to building my
> > own
> > rig.
> >
> > Thanks.

Jerry

Who cares - I would always recommend building your own.

"BAR" <BAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...
> Be they Dell, HP [or COmpaq], or any other chances are that the Mobo is
> manufactured by a 3rd party. Long gone are the days when a manufacturer
> built their own Mobo.
>
> Most top brands have used Intel or MSI over the years.

Not necessarily...

For over 4 years I thought the MoBo in my gateway E-5200 was an 'Intel Patriot'
MoBo. Turns out the chipset was Intel, but the board was actually manufactured
by Tyan.

Many HP's have Asus motherboards in them. I believe Dell creates their
own...or at least they used to. Dell has been know to color code their
power supply wires differently, than industry standards, as well as the
connectors. Attempts to use someone else's power supply, or mother boards,
have resulted in fried systems, in many cases. I would avoid them for this
reason.

Bill Crocker