Question Mobo LED’s or case fans won’t turn on or show power when the psu is turned on

Apr 18, 2020
So recently i’ve been building my first gaming pc. I’m quite educated when it comes to building them however and I didn’t think i’d run into any problems. But I ordered my parts in separate shipments and i’m very impatient so I put together the parts I got every shipment. Currently I have 99% of the build finished and i’m just waiting on the CPU.

PC Parts:
•NZXT H510
•Asus Rog Strix B450-F
•RX 580 8G
•G.skill rgb 16gb 3200mhz
• WD BLUE 1tb 7200
•Corsair CX450M
•Ryzen 5 1600 AF

My “problem” as of right now is that i’m quite impatient and I had bought some rgb fans for my case, I wanted to see if they would turn on as they have their own separate hub that they connect to which is powered by SATA. I have everything as of now installed except for the CPU, so I plugged in my PSU and flipped the switch on. And to which I was greeted with nothing, the MOBO led’s weren’t even on, no flans were turning and the rgb fans didn’t have any “power” (they didn’t turn on when I used the controller). I’m not sure if the fans are faulty but I didn’t see any mobo led’s come on which concerned me. However i’m not sure if this is due to the fact that their isn’t a CPU installed.

With that question aside, I decided to just take out the parts and reinstall them. But as I was trying to remove the USB 3.0 Header the black enclosure had come off with some force and had the pins exposed while the blue plastic was still attached to the mobo. I didn’t bend any pins so I just pushed the black enclosure back in and now i’m just waiting to see if it’ll work or not.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS