[SOLVED] Mobo lights work, fans dont spin, PC doesnt boot, PSU gone?

Marmite1

Prominent
Oct 5, 2019
Been having random BSODs and restarts recently, and I was guessing my PSU was on the way out. Today my PC wont turn on, the fans dont spin but there’s lights on the mobo so I hope everything else is ok. I’ve had the thing like 4-5 years or so (don’t know why i didnt replace it earlier).

Does it just sound like a broken PSU? I cant afford for it to be anything more. Tried with different power cables as well.

EDIT: forgot to say there were some sounds of static when swapping out the cables, but this is also what I heard when everything was working when swapping out cables.

Last edited:
Solution
Thank you for the specs that helps greatly. You have a pretty nice solid rig my friend. Im sorry you have to go through this crummy problem. Your rig looks nice but one thing pops out at me and that is your PSU. That is a low tier budget PSU at only 500w. The bronze rating is good enough but I don't know how good the ampage is on the 12v rail. I have never even heard of this PSU and I am a technology freak. I wouldn't dare put that CPU on a gorgeous rig like yours. This clarifys what I already knew and that is your PSU I think is a dead man walking. A CPU or RAM or Video card doesn't just die easily they put a fight. Im almost guarantee you the the PSU is the culprit so RMA that thing if you can. I would personally look...

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Sorry for your issue my friend, I will try to help you as much as I can and others can chime in as well. Please before we get into to much detail tell us your PC specs. What CPU what MOBO what RAM what PSU and video card etc etc. If a system is not turning on and making the fans spin for like even 2 seconds then the PSU is the culprit IMHO. But before we go further please state your specs like I said which will help us help you much better.👍👶🎗💯🤷‍♀️

Marmite1

Prominent
Oct 5, 2019
Sorry for your issue my friend, I will try to help you as much as I can and others can chime in as well. Please before we get into to much detail tell us your PC specs. What CPU what MOBO what RAM what PSU and video card etc etc. If a system is not turning on and making the fans spin for like even 2 seconds then the PSU is the culprit IMHO. But before we go further please state your specs like I said which will help us help you much better.👍👶🎗💯🤷‍♀️
Ah ok! My specs are:
MOBO: Asus Prime B350M-A
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 OC @ 3.8Ghz
GPU: GTX 1070 Zotac Mini
PSU: Aerocool Integrator 500W Bronze
RAM: 16GB (8x2) HyperX DDR4

Marmite1

Prominent
Oct 5, 2019
Ah ok! My specs are:
MOBO: Asus Prime B350M-A
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 OC @ 3.8Ghz
GPU: GTX 1070 Zotac Mini
PSU: Aerocool Integrator 500W Bronze
RAM: 16GB (8x2) HyperX DDR4
I also noticed some static sounds when plugging in the power cables if that helps, so it might not even be fully dead.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Thank you for the specs that helps greatly. You have a pretty nice solid rig my friend. Im sorry you have to go through this crummy problem. Your rig looks nice but one thing pops out at me and that is your PSU. That is a low tier budget PSU at only 500w. The bronze rating is good enough but I don't know how good the ampage is on the 12v rail. I have never even heard of this PSU and I am a technology freak. I wouldn't dare put that CPU on a gorgeous rig like yours. This clarifys what I already knew and that is your PSU I think is a dead man walking. A CPU or RAM or Video card doesn't just die easily they put a fight. Im almost guarantee you the the PSU is the culprit so RMA that thing if you can. I would personally look elsewhere for your new PSU as you can always sell the new one they send back to you when you RMA. Go with something like a EVGA 550w Bronze 80+ rating . This is a mid tier PSU and it is reputable. I have no clue what this Aerocool is that you have but Im sure it was dirt cheap. You can get a mid tier Corsair or the EVGA like I said for under 100 dollars. So you can sell the RMAed one they ship to you and buy a well known reputable brand. If you need help deciding on a PSU then give me your budget and I will find something that will go beautifully with your sexy rig. So let me know my friend.💯🤷‍♀️🎗👶✝🙈

Solution