PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650
RAM: HyperX Predator RGB HX432C16PB3AK2/16
MOBO: MSI X470 Gaming Plus
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + 128 GB Kingston SSD
HDD: Seagate 1TB

https://gyazo.com/7f89abae17d7014691cc9ef1ddc2f23a
https://gyazo.com/9af95c4bd44db7bccf42f2c89682c5a1
https://gyazo.com/d74e5681fa608b5daafb35c8bcb28ad5

Can anyone help me as to why my BIOS is only detecting 8GB of RAM and why I am only using 8GB of RAM according to the task manager?

Thomaszz

Honorable
Jul 24, 2017
Are the RAM modules from the exact same pack or were they bought seperately?
Is this a new build that's started with this problem or has the 16GB worked previously?

Agreed with above seating could be the simplest solution.
Already that seating them again multiple times. This is a kit, it came in a pair of 2. Kit is supported by my MOBO and CPU. I tried clearing CMOS, reinstalling my CPU, you name it. This is a brand new memory kit and I actually bought another brand new memory kit to see if the memory was faulty. Both kits had the same problem. Other kit I bought and still have here next to me is the
G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16D-16GTZR

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Already that seating them again multiple times. This is a kit, it came in a pair of 2. Kit is supported by my MOBO and CPU. I tried clearing CMOS, reinstalling my CPU, you name it. This is a brand new memory kit and I actually bought another brand new memory kit to see if the memory was faulty. Both kits had the same problem. Other kit I bought and still have here next to me is the
G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
Does each RAM module work by itself in each slot?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
So both of the HyperX sticks worked and booted up just fine when in the A2 slot, then I tried both of the sticks in B2, PC booted up but no screen was given.
What about the other 2 slots? Or is it just one slot?

Sometimes excess pressure from the CPU cooler can make RAM slots fault - quite commonly the 2 slots furthest away from the CPU. Just relieving a bit of CPU cooler pressure often resolves this problem.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
With my memory kit it is not recommended to use the A1 and B1 slots. By relieving pressure do you mean loosening the screws of the CPU cooler a little bit?
Is this the motherboard manual?
If so don't worry, it's just to get it to run dual channel in the right slots to begin with - you're just testing if each slot works. yes when running dual channel you should,always run in the slots as per the MB manual, but just for testing it makes no difference, and won't damage anything.

And yes, but again, I would be more likely to do this if the other slot is also not working, if it's just 1 random slot not working, it's a little less likely.

What cooler are you using?

Thomaszz

Honorable
Jul 24, 2017
If so don't worry, it's just to get it to run dual channel in the right slots to begin with - you're just testing if each slot works. yes when running dual channel you should,always run in the slots as per the MB manual, but just for testing it makes no difference, and won't damage anything.

And yes, but again, I would be more likely to do this if the other slot is also not working, if it's just 1 random slot not working, it's a little less likely.

Cooler that came with my Ryzen 5 2600X CPU so I believe that is an AMD wraith cooler. Will try slot A1 and B1 now.

Thomaszz

Honorable
Jul 24, 2017

So both sticks worked in the A1 slot but neither of the sticks worked in the B1 slot (PC booted up but no screen was given).

TRENDING THREADS