wothought

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Hi everyone, I was having a problem when booting up just some of the time. It would show my 8800 gt card then show the motherboard emblem and freeze. I couldn't go into bios. this happened a couple of times so I cleared cmos and it booted but then a few days latter it completely stopped showing anything on screen. when I turned the computer on it would look like it was booting but the drive light would just keep running, and nothing would show on screen, it would say no signal. My guess was motherboard. So I bought a new Intel DP43TF. I have a LAG 775 2.66 ghz p4 duo core. It's about 4 yrs old. I put everything back together and it still doesn't show any picture. what is different is when I boot the drive light stops now after about 30 sec. I tried my old nvida card which I know works and nothing. I don't have another cpu to try in it. this is my next guess. the cpu. when I boot I see all the fans come on drive lights etc. help!!!!

wothought

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Sorry for bothering you guys, I figured it out. I was reading up on one of the links someone sent me about how much compound to put on the cpu so I cleaned it off and discovered my cpu was not 800fsb. I feel so stupid. I thought for sure this cpu had 800fsb. this new board only supports 800 or higher. Thanks everyone, it did help. it got me looking again at everything.

TRENDING THREADS