Question Mobo Power Issue

Jul 24, 2022
Specs:
I5 3470
H61m-k
12gb ram
1660s
600w psu

Besides bottleneck i have some issues with my power switch pins on the mobotherboard. I have tried to change the casing and the PSU but same issue.

My mobo is detecting power as its light is on and all my hardware components are fine. I have tried to jump start but nothing. What can i do to fix this?

Last edited:

4745454b

Titan
What exactly is the issue? It won't turn on no matter what? What slots are you ram sticks in? Are you using 2 or 3? When this happens to me I'm usually not jumping the correct pins. Read the manual and make sure you are jumping the correct pins. Make sure you have all power plugs going into the board in and firm.

Jul 24, 2022
What exactly is the issue? It won't turn on no matter what? What slots are you ram sticks in? Are you using 2 or 3? When this happens to me I'm usually not jumping the correct pins. Read the manual and make sure you are jumping the correct pins. Make sure you have all power plugs going into the board in and firm.
The majn issue is that it wont boot up. Yeah i have read out the manual and jumping the right pins. I got 2 ram slots mobo having 8+4 gb ram . I test my psu with another system it works fine. The issue is in mobo but i cant figure it out.

DSzymborski

Titan
What are the specs of the other system?

Does it start if you completely remove the GPU and connect the motherboard directly to the monitor?

Why do you suspect the power switch pins? All they are is a circuit that is either completed or not completed, so only physical damage would cause that to not function.

DSzymborski

Titan
yeah same ram 12gb ddr3 1600 mhz and he has 1050 2gb. I have 1660s and going to upgrade my build. I have put on his ram sticks to my pc also but it didnt work. If u dont mind can i borrow your discord there it will be easier to explain.

So everything's different but the amount of RAM? That is most definitely not the same PC or even a similar PC.

Can you test with his PSU? What is his exact PSU and your exact PSU? A 1050 and a 1660 Super have very different power requirements and are powered in very different ways; a 1050 doesn't use supplementary power. That your PSU can power a 1050 and not a 1660 Super doesn't really mean that there's no PSU problem at all.

This thread is the best place to explain. The problem is that we're still not at the point where we have all the details of the situation. Nobody here does live troubleshooting; a thread allows interested people to come in and out of the thread. The best thing you can do to help others diagnose your problem is to be as detailed and specific about your situation and every PC used in this situation as you can be.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2022
So everything's different but the amount of RAM? That is most definitely not the same PC or even a similar PC.

Can you test with his PSU? What is his exact PSU and your exact PSU? A 1050 and a 1660 Super have very different power requirements and are powered in very different ways; a 1050 doesn't use supplementary power. That your PSU can power a 1050 and not a 1660 Super doesn't really mean that there's no PSU problem at all.

This thread is the best place to explain. The problem is that we're still not at the point where we have all the details of the situation. Nobody here does live troubleshooting; a thread allows interested people to come in and out of the thread. The best thing you can do to help others diagnose your problem is to be as detailed and specific about your situation and every PC used in this situation as you can be.
I know that both have different requirement but he has 80+ gold psu 650w gigabyte and i have 600w cx600 and this doesnt matter because i have disconnected my gpu to test with his psu. I am still getiing motherboard issue. It shows power by turning on his light but dont boot up.