[SOLVED] MOBO, RAM and CPU upgrade. Is this enough?

mcan226

Honorable
Jan 19, 2017
Hi, everyone.

My aunt wants to update her pc.

She is planning to buy a new mobo, an i3 8th or 9th and 8 gb of RAM. She alredy has a case, an HDD, a 1080p monitor and a 400W PS

She is going to do some light image and video editing. Mostly taking many diferent videos and putting them together in one, adding on top of them some stuff like images and text, designing intros, etc. And she intends to make them 1080p at least.

She will be also designing some banners and logos and photoshopping lots of images.

She IS NOT going to be modeling in 3D or complicated things like that.

She intends to use the following software: filmora, sony vegas, camtasia, davinci resolve and adobe's photoshop.

Will an i3 with its integrated gpu and the 8gb of ram be enough? will the 400W be enough as well?

Se has money, but she doesn't want to spend more than she needs to. i.e. she doesn't want to buy anything that doesn't need.

Thanks in advance

Solution
take a look at the TDP of the chip then allow for 15w for ram and 5w for each fan and you will have rough idea of the wattage of the system i would say without knowing those things that it would be fine but you should double check

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
take a look at the TDP of the chip then allow for 15w for ram and 5w for each fan and you will have rough idea of the wattage of the system i would say without knowing those things that it would be fine but you should double check

Solution