[SOLVED] Mobo red lights (vga and cpu)

Apr 9, 2020
I'm super confused right now as my PC won't post. The red indication leds shine for vga (whose fans don't spin) but when I slightly press the reset button for some reason the vga fans spin furiously and the vga led turns off and the cpu led lights up. Without the graphics card in the cpu led is always on.

Mobo: msi tomahawk b450
Cpu: ryzen 5 2600 x
Gpu: evga GeForce rtx 2070 super
Ram: Corsair vengeance lpx ddr4
Psu: 650 g+ gold

Please please help it doesn't make any sense to me

Solution
There is no integrated graphics inside the 2600x or your motherboard so it won't work without one.

When you press the reset button it's restarting the system. It's normal for the GPU fan to spin like that when the system is restarting.

What you have to do is check everything. Look at the cable to see if they are all connected properly. The 24 pin on the motherboard. The CPU power connector. The GPU PCie connectors. Make sure the GPU is properly seated in the PCIe slot. Same for the RAM.

If nothing works look at your CPU to see if you have any bent pin. You could try your GPU in another system to see if the GPU works.

Another thing. That PSU. 650Watts gold doesn't say much about the Brand and model. What is it?
There is no integrated graphics inside the 2600x or your motherboard so it won't work without one.

When you press the reset button it's restarting the system. It's normal for the GPU fan to spin like that when the system is restarting.

What you have to do is check everything. Look at the cable to see if they are all connected properly. The 24 pin on the motherboard. The CPU power connector. The GPU PCie connectors. Make sure the GPU is properly seated in the PCIe slot. Same for the RAM.

If nothing works look at your CPU to see if you have any bent pin. You could try your GPU in another system to see if the GPU works.

Another thing. That PSU. 650Watts gold doesn't say much about the Brand and model. What is it?

Solution
Apr 9, 2020
The PSU is an evga supernova. I think I'll try my gpu in another computer, thank you for the advice!

Apr 9, 2020
The PSU is an evga supernova. I think I'll try my gpu in another computer, thank you for the advice! I went and tried plugging in my previous gpu, gygabyte g1 gaming windforce 960, and it's fans spun, its own leds lit up, and the Mobo vga led stayed lit.