[SOLVED] Mobo replacement for Dell Monitor

ShaQBlogs

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2016
I have a Dell U2414hb monitor whose motherboard has issues - HDMI ports not functioning.
I was searching for a mobo replacement. Dell being - Dell, does not provide replacement mobos.

However, I found this on eBay.
Is this compatible with my monitor? See Image which contains the part number from my monitor.

Solution
I would be very wary of any such purchases..... That is a 6+ month old eBay link anyway (June 11, 2021 per the link).

Another option is to look around at thrift shops, yard sales etc. You might find another Dell monitor that would immediately work or could be salvaged for parts. Ask family and friends. Someone may have a monitor that they would give you or sell to you for a nominal amount.

Overall, I recommend that you put the money towards a new monitor with a warranty.

Consider that if Dell does not provide replacement parts it is very unlikely that the monitor is not really all that repairable. Something else likely to fail in the process. Not designed to be repairable.

Ralston18

Titan
I would be very wary of any such purchases..... That is a 6+ month old eBay link anyway (June 11, 2021 per the link).

Another option is to look around at thrift shops, yard sales etc. You might find another Dell monitor that would immediately work or could be salvaged for parts. Ask family and friends. Someone may have a monitor that they would give you or sell to you for a nominal amount.

Overall, I recommend that you put the money towards a new monitor with a warranty.

Consider that if Dell does not provide replacement parts it is very unlikely that the monitor is not really all that repairable. Something else likely to fail in the process. Not designed to be repairable.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS