Question MOBO screws will not go into standoffs.

Aug 26, 2022
I have the Corsair iCue 5000X RGB Mid-Tower case and Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master mother board. The case comes with standoffs preinstalled and the MOBO has five small screws. The screws will not screw into the standoffs; they appear too short. Am I missing something?

The screws are M.2 according to the Aorus manual. The case was bought new but doesn't have any screws...manufacture error? I might be able to use some of the screws that were removed to allow side fans and the removal of the 3.5 hhd bays.

Last edited:
I have the Corsair iCue 5000X RGB Mid-Tower case and Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master mother board. The case comes with standoffs preinstalled and the MOBO has five small screws. The screws will not screw into the standoffs; they appear too short. Am I missing something?

The screws are M.2 according to the Aorus manual. The case was bought new but doesn't have any screws...manufacture error? I might be able to use some of the screws that were removed to allow side fans and the removal of the 3.5 hhd bays.
Be sure you're not using 6/32 screws that are commonly used for holding on case and slot covers. The motherboard mount screws usually are M2 as well as drive mounting screws. The drive mounting screws are usually shorter though, and have smaller screw heads. Fan mounting screws are M5 with an extremely coarse thread for self-threading into plastic.

They may have omitted the right screws. You can go back to the people you bought it from...or contact Corsair tech support. They may send you some more.

Another thing is just buy some. PC hardware assortment kits aren't very expensive and this will give you some spares for everything.

Last edited: