Question Mobo selection help

Apr 27, 2019
Hi all...I am seeking help from all you knowledgeable folks out there in selecting the core component of a pc I will have built. I am not very knowledgeable on everything pc but I guess I know enough now that I am choosing to build my own (not me personally though lol)
I envision at least 2 pcie type ssd drives
perhaps 2 ssd sata drives as well as a couple large hdd as well ...I only got myself confused reading how some mobo disable other sata ports when the m2 slots are populated...I need or would like a minimum of 5 drives active I also would like rgb lighting effects if possible.
I am thinking intel I9 or amd threadripper will be the processor in my build.
So can any of you good folks point me in the correct direction? Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention your budget, where you're located and where you'd like to purchase the part from(preferred site for purchase)...? In essence, I think yo should also include what your proposed build looks like since each platform will have a different set of boards and in different form factors. It's also for this reason that I moved the thread to the systems section.

If you haven't already, start yourself a system build profile over at pcpartpicker.com.

You will get the advantage of alerts to some of the more glaring incompatibilities, and you will see available pricing from the more popular retail vendors of the system components....and it gives you an easily accessible list that you can access from anywhere.

One perk is that you can post a link to the system build list, in forums like this one, and have others review your picks and give you suggestions--without having to type-in your current build list for posting.