Question [URGENT] MoBo similar to ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi for lesser price?

sharath_83

Distinguished
Hi all, [updated]

Is there a MoBo similar to below hardware and hardware support for lesser price?

This MoBo should support (similar to ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi):
  1. Upto 128 GB of RAM (3200 MHz is what am buying). Above 3200 MHz rest are O.C
  2. Upto 3 graphic cards
  3. 2 X M.2
  4. 8 Core, 12 Core or 16 Core can be upgraded to in future (Currently getting Ryzen 7 - 8 core)
  5. WiFi and Bluetooth support
  6. SSD and HDD can be added
  7. Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3rd Gen with stock fan - the one am buying
Rest of the details here i found here today: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Hero/specifications/

Last edited:
EXACTLY which Ryzen processor are you getting? Yes, it makes a big difference in motherboard selection.

What does "O.C" have to do with anything in terms of purchasing memory? ALL memory beyond the default support, natively, of the CPU, requires an "OC". This is no big deal and is ALWAYS done for almost all systems, by simply enabling the XMP or DOCP profile in the BIOS. It is not "overclocking" in the traditional sense. It simply means you are running the memory at a speed that is faster than what the CPU supports by default, but is natively supported by the motherboard IF that speed is listed on it's specifications.

If you are going to be running at 3000 series Ryzen CPU I would highly recommend a 3600mhz kit. There is a slew of empirical data showing measurable gains by using a 3600-3733mhz memory kit. 3200mhz will work if the price difference is astronomical, but you are leaving some decent performance on the table by doing so.

WHY would you need 3 graphics cards? Are you mining? You do realize that SLI and Crossfire are basically dead when it comes to developer support on profiles for modern games? Unless you are gaming at 4k or at 1440p on multiple screens, there isn't even a reasonable reason to need more than a single graphics card.

If the need to support three graphics cards is a non-gaming related one, please explain so that we will understand. Perhaps there is a better solution.

Reactions: sharath_83

sharath_83

Distinguished
EXACTLY which Ryzen processor are you getting? Yes, it makes a big difference in motherboard selection........

Updated on Processor:
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3rd Gen with stock fan - the one am buying

• I just mentioned about RAM O.C, i have not used O.C before this is first one, so just mentioned it. Lemme check the price for 3600 Mhz
• Again 3 graphic i mentioned coz to see if any other board supports. No not into mining..... Not particularly gaming, i might use games, but very less... am into Music production and Graphic/Web/UI design, so am buying this primarily for Music Production.

I Will be using 2 Samsung LED 24 inch Monitors though.

Here is list of softwares i will using on daily basis:

Design and Digital painting:
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • Adobe Illustrator
  • Adobe Indesign
  • CorelDraw
  • Adobe XD
  • UX softwares – (the one which supports for Windows 10 - for now InVision Studio)
Video editing:
  • After Effects CC
  • Adobe Premiere Pro CC
3D modelling an animation:
  • 3Ds Max and/or Maya
Music production software:
  • FL Studio 20.6
  • Ableton Live 9
  • Cubase 10 (Original purchased)
This is it for now. And yes i do play games, but mostly this new PC is for Professional work.

Still looking for the answer to by question :) .... is there similar motherboard with same specs for lesser price?

Last edited:
Ok, so there is really NO reason to use multiple monitors for music production unless you need to use more than 3 displays, and only if they ALL need to have distinctly different displays with no duplicated displays. If you only need three or less displays, whether they are all different or all showing the same thing, then you only need one graphics card. And you might not need more than one graphics card even if you need four or five unique displays, as there are some other alternatives since these will not be gaming displays. I'd say you don't need more than one graphics card most probably.

Most Adobe applications are primarily single core focused, however I still think the 3700x is a good choice for you as you will likely be doing some amount of heavy multitasking AND future releases of those applications, according to Puget systems, who does extensive testing of productivity software in addition to selling custom turnkey solutions and custom PC's, are pretty likely to begin seeing the inclusion of optimization for additional core usage.

The ASRock X570 Taichi has support for 3 graphics card, 3 NVME M.2 drives (3rd x16 PCIe slot will be disabled if all 3 PCI M.2 slots are used), it will easily support any of the Ryzen CPUs that the Crosshair Hero will support, has high speed Bluetooth 5.0 support and like all modern motherboards supports additional HDD and SSDs.

It's about 50 bucks cheaper than the Crosshair hero.

If you'd like to save a considerable amount of money and still get a fantastic board that will easily support not just the 3700x but up to and including the 3950x, then the B450 Gaming Pro carbon supports up to two graphics cards, has Bluetooth 5.0 support, has two PCI M.2 slots and again will support just about any CPU being currently sold in the Ryzen portfolio. It's about two hundred dollars cheaper.

This would be a good read when it comes to potential choices for high end boards. If you're willing to drop a few more requirements off such as only needing a single M.2 drive, which really shouldn't be that big of a deal because unless you are transferring directly from M.2 to M.2 drive, you are rarely going to see any speeds that are consistently faster than what you'd see during random operations with a regular SATA SSD, then the B450 Tomahawk max might be a good choice. And for these types of programs, random operations are what you will be doing 90% of the time.

Reactions: sharath_83

sharath_83

Distinguished
Ok, so there is really NO reason to use multiple monitors for music production unless you need to use more than 3 displays, and only if .....
As mentioned earlier am using 2 monitors on one graphic card.

Most Adobe applications are primarily single core focused, however I still think the 3700x is a good choice for you as you will ......
Yes, heavy multitasking will be there.

The ASRock X570 Taichi has support for 3 graphics card, 3 NVME M.2 drives (3rd x16 PCIe slot will be disabled if all....
I will look into those.

If you'd like to save a considerable amount of money and still get a fantastic board that will easily support not just the 3700x but....
I will check this too.

This would be a good read when it comes to potential choices for high end boards. If you're willing to drop a few more requirements...
I think i will stick to SSD for now, as M.2 is expensive here in India. Even Samsung SSD 1TB i felt it it's expensive, so sticking to Samsung 500GB SSD for now. Probably when M.2 price reduces i will go for one.

Thank you for the info and details, i think these should do and buy a motherboard am looking for. Have nice a nice day.