Question MOBO sometimes multiboots

Jul 10, 2022
Hi all,

I've occasionally encountered an issue with my PC where sometimes during start-up it enters into a very rapid multiboot sequence (as in, no display to monitor, all I can hear is the click from the mobo speaker informing me it's started operation, and the fans whirring, then stopping), which, after maybe 30-40 seconds, follows through with a normal boot. As mentioned, this is only rather occasional, and as far as I can tell, there are no issues anywhere during actual operation. Cooling doesn't seem to be the issue as all temps are normal, both during operation and after the multiboot sequence.

My question is, is this a weird bug not worth my time investigating, or am I looking at something a bit more serious?

My specs:
ASRock Z690M PG Riptide/D5
I5 12400 (used the intel troubleshooting/benchmark tool, came back clear [was briefly used in a pervious board where the pin connectors were bent/missing])
16GB DDR5 RAM (performed memory test, came back clear)
750W Gold PSU (Corsair)
RTX 3070
1TB M.2 SSD

Lutfij

Titan
If you're referring to a system shutting itself off and then back on on a cold boot, some platforms need to charge their capacitors and also apply overclocks(if there are any), then it's normal procedure. Could you provide a video perhaps with audio to show what you're seeing?

Jul 10, 2022
If you're referring to a system shutting itself off and then back on on a cold boot, some platforms need to charge their capacitors and also apply overclocks(if there are any), then it's normal procedure. Could you provide a video perhaps with audio to show what you're seeing?

Thanks for the tips. I'll try to record a video, but as this issue is intermittent and I don't know how to make it happen, I'm not sure when I'll be able to post it.

Would charging capacitators be something that only needs to happen sometimes?