[SOLVED] MOBO starts then shuts off immediately (loop)

Feb 18, 2019
Hey guys,

I have been a few days with this problem and don't understand what's happening. I hope you help me! 🙏

The problem is: My MOBO is on loop, it's starts and then resets imediatly without any beep. [like the video]

Some days ago I spilled some coke on my keyboard (just a bit), then the keyboards leds started to blink. So I take it off from the PC and cleaned the keycaps, and pluged back in another usb input (front). The keyboard sometimes worked well and othertimes the 'ctrl' key keep pressing by itself. So I shutdown the PC and take a while, and when i started the PC again, it loads the POST Screen normaly and before it loads the Windows loading screen, it reboots. It did it 3 times by itself and fall in this strange loop.

The strange thing is: I'm using the keyboard right now on my notebook, and it's perfect.

I tryed all things I can and now I'm here asking for your help. I'm living in a small city and i'm sure that no one here can help me with this issue.

Tests that I've already done:

• Unppluged all cables and connectors from mobo and tried to starts just with the CPU conected (even without the start button, I turned it on with a metal object).
  • Cleared all conectors (memory, CPU and cables)
  • Tried to start the MOBO + CPU with another healthy PSU and the loop continues
  • Tested the SSD Drive on my notebook and it's perfect
  • I bought a new battery and the problem keeps
  • I cleared the CMOS just like the mobo manual says (with the jumper) and problem keeps
  • I cleared the CMOS just like the mobo manual says (with battery removal) and problem keeps
Tests that I can't do:

• Check if the memories is still alive
  • Check if the video card is still alive (the leds and coolers work when the PC quickly starts before restarts)
  • Check if the CPU is still alive (the cooler work when the PC quickly starts before restarts)
  • Check if the PSU is all right (but by my tests with another one, the problem keeps happening)
I'm suspicious that the MOBO was corrupted, but I'm not sure what to do next. 😕

The hardware is:

• i7 2600 (cpu)
  • GA-P67A-UD4-B3 (mobo)
  • 16GB ddr3 (ram)
  • Seventeam 800w (PSU)
  • GTX 970 (video card)
  • SSD (tested) and a HDD
  • CK104 (keyboard)
I appreciate any help!

Video:

Solution
also keyboard has nothing to do with this as its a peripheral and not a part of the hardware, unless you spilled coke on it as well
I guess you're right. The thing I think might be one reason is the fact that I have changed the USB input when I returned the keyboard to the PC. I used to plug in on back and on that occasion I plugged in on usb front panel, that i usually don't use. Anyway, I have spilled just a little bit of coke and only in the keyboard.

alright as a start, the manual says nothing about the green led
I found this on Manual: PHASE LED. The number of lighted LEDs indicates the CPU loading. The higher the CPU loading, the more the number of lighted LEDs. In my case always just one led is lighted...

muffinmanbored

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
well, i had this problem with my motherboard yesterday as i was testing it to make sure all components worked before i put them together, let me do a bit of remembering anf ill get back to you, also keyboard has nothing to do with this as its a peripheral and not a part of the hardware, unless you spilled coke on it as well >.>

muffinmanbored

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
alright as a start, the manual says nothing about the green led however is the cpu power cable connected think its a 4 pin on this motherboard, as it wont post unless it has a cpu in it and powered, after that is checked, let me know if it posts at all, even if it powers off after

Feb 18, 2019
also keyboard has nothing to do with this as its a peripheral and not a part of the hardware, unless you spilled coke on it as well
I guess you're right. The thing I think might be one reason is the fact that I have changed the USB input when I returned the keyboard to the PC. I used to plug in on back and on that occasion I plugged in on usb front panel, that i usually don't use. Anyway, I have spilled just a little bit of coke and only in the keyboard.

alright as a start, the manual says nothing about the green led
I found this on Manual: PHASE LED. The number of lighted LEDs indicates the CPU loading. The higher the CPU loading, the more the number of lighted LEDs. In my case always just one led is lighted before the mobo reboots.

as it wont post unless it has a cpu in it and powered
I this case i have to consider that the problem could be on the CPU, right? Cause I already tested the MOBO + CPU with another PSU and the loop keeps going.

Another thing I noticed days ago: I think my apartment has no grounding, and sometimes when I touch the case, in a metal part, I take a little shock. Also, my headset sometimes sizzles and when I tap into the case, it stops.

Solution