Tschrom

Honorable
Dec 21, 2016
Hey guys and gals,

Just did a massive hardware upgrade on my PC and got myself a Mobo with the X570 Chipset with a Ryzen 5 3600X. I have a strange issue though, looking at CPUID, it shows my SYSTIN temp at nearly 60C at idle. Sometimes it goes above 60C. My CPU idles at about 30C, and even with AIDA64, only gets to a max of 40C. My GPU hovers between 40 and 45 at idle... But for some reason the SYSTIN Temp reads at 56C as I type this. I'm not positive what SYSTIN is measuring, but I'm assuming it's the North and/or South Bridge of the Mobo. I'm a little worried about the temp. The fans are not blowing hot air out, every other component reads at normal temps for idle. Don't understand what's happening there or if I should be worried about it.

Mobo: ASRock X570 EXTREME4 (With latest BIOS)
CPU: Ryzen 5 36000X
Cooler: Corsair H100i V2
RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX running at 3200MHz

EDIT***: THIS SYSTEM IS NOT OVERCLOCKED! :)

CPUID1.png

Last edited:
Solution
As of know all x570 board I have seen had a fan on it.
Maybe a future BIOS update will help.
I got an Asus and MSI and returned them both and went with the X470.
I'm not a fan of the proprietary fans, high heat (not as high as yours) and power usage of the x570.
With the same parts the x470 uses 43W less power and that translate to lower temperature,.

Tschrom

Honorable
Dec 21, 2016
The X570 chipset runs hot (high power usage) but that's a little high.
Is the motherboard fan working?
Since you have a watercooler you might need more air directed to the motherboard.

Well, in my own searching I seem to have discovered that SYSTIN is linked to my South Bridge temp. And even under a heavy load, the temp appears to hover at ~68 - 70C. Doesn't really go above that. The fan is working fine. The default fan curve, which I discovered can be adjusted, doesn't even have the fan running 100% at 70C. So I'm going to assume that it's just normal on the X570 boards. Maybe it's the PCIe 4 or something. Don't know. But unless someone knows for sure that it shouldn't be running at those temps, I can only assume it's fine. Everything else runs at good temps. And I wouldn't think every single X570 board has a fan on the south bridge unless they expect this kind of heat to be generated.

As of know all x570 board I have seen had a fan on it.
Maybe a future BIOS update will help.
I got an Asus and MSI and returned them both and went with the X470.
I'm not a fan of the proprietary fans, high heat (not as high as yours) and power usage of the x570.
With the same parts the x470 uses 43W less power and that translate to lower temperature,.

Solution