Mobo to replace P5Q3

ozrock

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2008
HI,

In case my mobo is proven to be faulty what economical mobo would I need to get to use my current CPU, DDR and PCi graphics card with SATA drives?

I use only 1 of the 2 PCI slots for my multi track sound card.

I am in Sydney oz and do not want to spend bug bucks.

Than ks

It's awfully difficult and pointless to recommend anything if you don't let folks know what you have to begin with. I can easily recommend a Gigabyte EP45-UD3R but for all I know you have an older Skt775 65nm processor...get what I'm saying?

List you current cpu, DDR, and gpu and then maybe someone might be able to make a worthy recommendation.

ozrock

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2008

Doh!! I can't believe I didn't mentioin it!! Asus P5Q3 with LGA775 Socket CPU 2 Quad 2.8, 4 GB DDR3

PCI3 Graphics and 2 PCI slots

Thanks
oz

P45 motherboards are getting difficult to come by nowadays and X48 chipset mobos are even harder to find. You can pick up a used P45 or X48 chipset motherboard off eBay for sure, and they are still selling P43 and the G41 chipset motherboards in retail stores.

Not a fan of the Gxx series of chipset, but the P4x series are nice performers. A nice board at a reasonable price is the ASUS P5P43TD. Also worth a look is the Asus's little brother, the ASRock P43DE3.

I just happen to have a Gigabyte EP45-UD3R left over from an old build that I will not use again. I was planning on selling it on eBay, but if it is something you can use, I will sell it dirt cheap. I guarantee the board to work and can even supply pictures of the board running in a test scenario with the BIOS screen showing. I will even throw in 2GB of DDR2-533 memory since you have DDR3 and the EP45-UD3R takes DDR2; it may not be the fastest but it will work until you can upgrade. If interested let me know.

Hope this helps, good luck!

sticky_designs

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
You don't want either one I use an LGA775 first used the asus p5e3 premium and was real picky oc so I got the xfx 790i a bit better I put solid state hd's on a raid-0 and was not getting good read write speeds like I should have. Someone suggested I get the gigabyte ep45t-usb3p because it has the ich10r south bridge they where telling me the 790i boards have weak south bridges so I bought the gigabyte board my read write speads increased over 200mb per second! Over clocking is why better board is more stable etc. etc. The gigabyte is the best LGA775 board hands down!