[SOLVED] Mobo upgrade

onestop^

Commendable
Jul 10, 2020
hi, i have an old pc.
https://valid.x86.fr/3hqqc1
600watt psu
Aerocool GT Advance case.
Based on suggestions i decided to upgrade a zen2 cpu (3600 probably) and a b550 board. Questions are;

1)Aside from performance loss, how many old parts are compatible with new mobo?
2)I had some experience by changing some hardware parts before but never done a full mobo change. Will it be too hard for me to build it from scratch?
3)Should i buy a b550 board for futureproofing or b450 boards are enough? (No intention to OC)
Thanks.

Solution
Your ram is but i would get a 2x8GB kit 3200Mhz that is on the QVL for the board your getting. The single 8GB 2133Mhz stick is really going to hurt any ryzen cpu.

GPU will also work in the new system.
Your OS looks like it should transfer over as well but you will need to do a fresh install.
Your ram is but i would get a 2x8GB kit 3200Mhz that is on the QVL for the board your getting. The single 8GB 2133Mhz stick is really going to hurt any ryzen cpu.

GPU will also work in the new system.
Your OS looks like it should transfer over as well but you will need to do a fresh install.

Solution

onestop^

Commendable
Jul 10, 2020
Drives, video card, probably power supply.

You might be better off selling yours as a working PC and just rebuilding.

I would get either a MSI MAX edition board for B450 or go ahead and get a B550.

i cannot do a full build due budget limitaitons. Actually i'm thinking to remove the gpu only and sell as a working pc since 7500 has igpu. But i'd like to know if i can upgrade it first.