Question Mobo Usb Question [Solved]

Aug 23, 2019
Hello, it's me again. I realized that my case is usb 3.2, not 3.0. The mobo I'm buying is an Asrock Steel Legend, which only has usb 3.1 headers. Will I be able to use my usb 3.2 connectors with the usb 3.1 headers?

What case do you have? I seriously doubt there are any cases with USB 3.2 front panel headers. There are very few that even have USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel headers. Keep in mind, USB 3.1 Gen1 and USB 3.0 are THE SAME thing.

Anything that is not related to the front panel headers will be only on the motherboard, on the rear I/O connectors. I'm not even sure there ARE any motherboards with internal USB 3.2 headers yet.

Reactions: PC Tailor
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/QY...511-rgb-atx-mid-tower-case-mcb-b511d-kgnn-rgb It says in the description of the case that it uses usb 3.2 type a.

It is wrong. As Geofelt has pointed out, the manufacturers specifications on the product page for that case specifically say " 2x USB 3.0, Audio In & Out (supports HD audio) "

It does not have USB 3.2 support unless it is a different product.

Even the specifications listed at retailer sites like Newegg and Amazon, which don't even count for as much as what is actually on the Cooler master site, say it is USB 3.0.

There should not be a problem no matter what modern motherboard you use.

Aug 23, 2019
It is wrong. As Geofelt has pointed out, the manufacturers specifications on the product page for that case specifically say " 2x USB 3.0, Audio In & Out (supports HD audio) "

It does not have USB 3.2 support unless it is a different product.

Even the specifications listed at retailer sites like Newegg and Amazon, which don't even count for as much as what is actually on the Cooler master site, say it is USB 3.0.

There should not be a problem no matter what modern motherboard you use.
Also, okay