[SOLVED] mobo vga and hdmi cable.

SeanK135

Reputable
Dec 29, 2019
hi so i was looking to plug in an older dell monitor into my mobo as a second monitor via vga but my system isnt picking it up? the monitor just goes into sleep mode. i then got in touch with someone and they told me it was because my main monitor was plugged into my gpu and to plug the second monitor into the gpu aswell but my gpu has no vga slot so i decided to plug my main monitor into my mobo but then all of a sudden that wouldnt work either so i have it in my gpu but does anyone no how to fix this i really need that second monitor.
mobo: Asus Prime B450m-a

Solution
The 2600 has no integrated graphics, so you cannot use the display outs of the motherboard.

As far as using a VGA monitor, you'd need an "active" adapter (HDMI or DP to VGA), which are not particularly cheap. Some will be listed very cheap, but they won't work.

How much did you pay for the monitor? Honestly, it might be easier (and cheaper) to resell the monitor (or return it if you can) and buy one with digital inputs.

SeanK135

Reputable
Dec 29, 2019
What CPU do you have? The VGA/HDMI element of the board only works if you have an APU installed.

There are settings in the BIOS that can disable/enable the onboard outputs by default when a GPU is installed.

What GPU do you have?
i have a RYZEN 5 2600 and a MSI NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050Ti 4GT OC

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The 2600 has no integrated graphics, so you cannot use the display outs of the motherboard.

As far as using a VGA monitor, you'd need an "active" adapter (HDMI or DP to VGA), which are not particularly cheap. Some will be listed very cheap, but they won't work.

How much did you pay for the monitor? Honestly, it might be easier (and cheaper) to resell the monitor (or return it if you can) and buy one with digital inputs.

Solution

SeanK135

Reputable
Dec 29, 2019

the monitor. ive had it for quite a while i dont remeber how much it costed. i have a dvid and a dport along with the hdmi port on my graphics card what about a dvid to vga??

TRENDING THREADS