Question Mobo will not post - Asus Prime z390-A

Dec 4, 2019
So i decided to upgrade my mobo and CPU.

My new build is

Asus Prime z390-A
i7 9700k
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz (2x8gb) RAM (QVL)
GTX 1080
700W PSU (gold rated)

Basically, when i power up the mobo starts to post and fails on the DRAM check. CPU led indicator comes on, then the DRAM which stays on for a few secondsvafter which it then restarts at cpu and repeats.

I get no video out. I have reset the CMOS, reseated the ram in single/dual and all the different slot arrangements and i get the exact same issue everytime

It also seems like the memok!_ii switch does nothing as there is no LED coming on to show its performing an action.

I'm really stumped here. Its the second baord ive tried as i got a replacement thinking it was broken. The all components are tested to be working from the previous build.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
It's been stated in the past, 80+ efficiency ratings don't state the quality of the PSU. What is the make and model of the PSU and how old is it? Wattage also doesn't indicate how good a unit may or may not be.

Without the discrete GPU, breadboarded, are you able to get to BIOS and remain there indefinitely? Also, what were your previous motherboard and CPU?