Question Mobo will not stay on with latch in place.

iverbz

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
I am absolutely losing my mind over this issue and I am hoping yall can help. Here are my specs:

MPG z390 Gaming plus Motherboard
Intel Pentium Gold Processor G4560
Evo 216 Master Cooler
Corsair CX650M PSU
Zotack Geforce RTX 2060

Now the issue here is that my mobo would refuse to power on and stay on. After breadboxing and troubleshooting every part I had including 2 cases, 2 PSUs, and 2 GPUs I am at a total loss at what i have going on. I have removed everything from my rig but the CPU, 1 stick of RAM and the PSU. Both the 24x and 8x are plugged in and this is where things get weird. As long as the latch that keeps the CPU locked down isnt completely closed the mobo will power on and stay on but the second its locked it will power on, then off, then restart the process.

I have reseated it and made sure its adequately adjusted with all of the standoffs lining up and everything. I have no idea what is left to try so if anyone has any ideas please help a brother out. I feel like i have tried everything.

iverbz

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
I must have the cpu name wrong then because that's not the price I paid for it and when I do the same thing it shows no error, but clearly you must be on to something as the 2 obviously aren't working together.

iverbz

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
Cant you read CPU model name from CPU packaging?
Could be one of these:
Pentium Gold G5600​
Pentium Gold G5500​
Pentium Gold G5400​
It is the G4560, thats what the box said and that is what i wrote. Which is why im unsure how there were different models found on pcpartpicker but the further up explanation of it not working with my mobo because it doesnt support 7th generation makes sense.