sshirey

Prominent
Feb 3, 2020
I have an Asus X-470 Plus Gaming mobo and Crucial Ballistix 2x8gb 3000mhz

I cant get to post in dual channel mode. I can post with one and both sticks of ram in single channel mode.
I know most people would say I have a bad mobo, that's what I thought but this is the second board this happens with. I sent the original back and got a replacement and the same thing happens. Before I sent the original back in I checked the CPU pins on the board and none of them were bent. The board supports this speed of ram so I'm not sure whats going on.

I'm not sure if this has to do with anything but I am using a ryzen 3 2200g on BIOS 4012, yes I know the BIOS is a bit dated but from what I've read its best to leave it if it works?

Any help is appreciated because I am looking to upgrade my CPU at some point but feel it isn't worth it if I cant even run dual channel memory.

Last edited:
Solution
Yes I bought it as a a 16gb kit(2x8gb sticks). The # for the ram is BLS2K8G4D30BESBK
And to be honest I cant even find a part number that matches directly up with the one I have on Crucial/ballistix website. Which could be the problem lol
I have tried all combinations with the ram but it will only post with A1/A2 occupied.
You RAM is not compatible with your motherboard according to Asus website (Select the Ryzen with Vega list):

sshirey

Prominent
Feb 3, 2020
Yes I bought it as a a 16gb kit(2x8gb sticks). The # for the ram is BLS2K8G4D30BESBK
And to be honest I cant even find a part number that matches directly up with the one I have on Crucial/ballistix website. Which could be the problem lol
I have tried all combinations with the ram but it will only post with A1/A2 occupied.

You RAM is not compatible with your motherboard according to Asus website (Select the Ryzen with Vega list):

Solution

sshirey

Prominent
Feb 3, 2020
Well that would be a problem wouldnt it lol!
Guess Im in the market for a new ram kit!
Seems like the memory support of this board is its downfall?
Ive seen alot of bad reviews since I got this board

Well that would be a problem wouldnt it lol!
Guess Im in the market for a new ram kit!
Seems like the memory support of this board is its downfall?
Ive seen alot of bad reviews since I got this board
Yea its memory compatibility sucks.
TUF is Asus's midlevel motherboards, they aren't as good as their highend. I would have bought an MSI B450 Tomhawk Max and it would have been cheaper and better.