Feb 5, 2021
My first custom build. I have the cpu, mobo, psu, and case and I wanted to see what the fans are like and stuff. In theory, the mobo should turn on without ram or a drive installed, but it isn't. MŠI B450 CARBON PRO MAX WIFI for reference. 24 pin, sata power, case pwr sw, cpu power without the extra 4 pin is connected, psů switch is on, sockets work, switches on the sockets work, I'm kinda lost. No fans spin not even on the psů. Nothing to test the components with. Do I have a bad mobo?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need more information. Please include your full system's specs like:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also, you shouldn't power up a system without all of the bare minimums, that means you shouldn't power it up with a processor or ram. Without a drive, you should be able to get into BOS but you won't see anything in the drive options. Also if you're on an APU you're going to get display from the motherboard. If you don't have an APU, you're going to need a discrete GPU to get display.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need more information. Please include your full system's specs like:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also, you shouldn't power up a system without all of the bare minimums, that means you shouldn't power it up with a processor or ram. Without a drive, you should be able to get into BOS but you won't see anything in the drive options. Also if you're on an APU you're going to get display from the motherboard. If you don't have an APU, you're going to need a discrete GPU to get display.

Solution