[SOLVED] MoCa Adapter 100mbps (WCB3000N)

Field_Tested

Prominent
Mar 26, 2020
Right now I am using a wifi extender for my computer as I cannot use Ethernet in my home. That being said we use Optimum and have cable, there are coaxial cables routed throughout my house and due to my internet being capped at 100mbps per second and my budget low, I was thinking of buying two WCB3000N MoCa Adapters (https://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-Du...1&keywords=moca+adapter&qid=1595779466&sr=8-6). Though I have no clue if this will work as my modem is a Arris TM822G and to my knowledge has no MoCa capabilities, which is why I would buy two MoCa adapters. Any help is appreciated.

Solution
That is a interesting box I didn't know they made moca adapters with wifi in them.

You need another moca adapter...one of simple kind near the router. They say to use EBC2500c in the quick start guide. Most times both ends are the same but it would not make sense to put a device by the router that has wifi. Not sure that is very cheap maybe that is the reason.
That is a interesting box I didn't know they made moca adapters with wifi in them.

You need another moca adapter...one of simple kind near the router. They say to use EBC2500c in the quick start guide. Most times both ends are the same but it would not make sense to put a device by the router that has wifi. Not sure that is very cheap maybe that is the reason.

Solution

Field_Tested

Prominent
Mar 26, 2020

Could I buy just two EBC2500c instead of two WCB3000N as I dont need the wifi, just for Ethernet. Thanks for the reply.