Jan 27, 2014
I have a 1gpbs plan with Spectrum. I'm using the following:

Modem - spectrum owned and model is ET2251
Router - tplink Archer GX90
Moca adapters on each end are trendnet tmp-312c
Computer - Windows 11 Desktop using Ethernet card Intel i225-V
Cables used are cat6a and cat6

Setup:

Main coax line to home connected to modem (2.5g)
Modem connected to router via cat6a (2.5g wan)
Moca 1 connected to router via cat6a
Moca 1 coax connected to room coax line with bridge that goes to coax outlet in room
Coax outlet in room connected to moca2
Moca2 connected to desktop using cat6 cable

My speeds vary from 50mbps to 267mbps. At the beginning of test it gets to 400 and then drops down.

My wifi is getting 500mbps and when connected directly to router via ethernet I get 900.

I have tried splitters and a moca filter and that made everything worse. What am I doing wrong?

I didn't have this issue before in a 2005 home yet I'm having this issue in a 2018 home.

masterviper

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014
Update, asus game first software was limiting the network speed. Now I'm getting 500mbps every time, but it's still not getting me near 900 like it should

masterviper

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014
Well, I just solved my own problem. No wonders it wasn't coming up anywhere in forums. I wasn't searching specifically for issues with the archer gx90 router. I has the QoS mode set to Gaming which was prioritizing the bandwidth for gaming apps. As soon as I changed it to Standard, not only was I getting 950mbps on the moca adapter, even my wifi speed was nearing 900. I need to step back from setting gaming modes on my tech lol

Reactions: lantis3
Status
Not open for further replies.