Mod Latitude Zip250 for desktop use?

I have an off the wall question. I have a Dell Latitude Zip250 module. I
don't have the laptop anymore. I was wondering if its possible to take the
drive out of the module and fit it in some kind of tray for a 3.5 drive pay?
I don't mind cutting the module up if necessary. Also, the drive sports a
single, odd looking plug that connects to some kind of mini IDE adapter to
interface with the laptop's drive bay. Does anyone make an adapter so this
drive could connect to a standard EIDE cable and power cable?

Thanks,

BigSky

"Big Sky" <bmartin84@cox.net> wrote:
>I have an off the wall question. I have a Dell Latitude Zip250 module. I
>don't have the laptop anymore. I was wondering if its possible to take the
>drive out of the module and fit it in some kind of tray for a 3.5 drive pay?

Yes, but it involves selling the module on eBay and buying a Zip250
drive... 8*) The good news is you'll probably come out ahead
financially...

Eugene

Big Sky wrote:

> I have an off the wall question. I have a Dell Latitude Zip250 module. I
> don't have the laptop anymore. I was wondering if its possible to take
> the drive out of the module and fit it in some kind of tray for a 3.5
> drive pay?
> I don't mind cutting the module up if necessary. Also, the drive sports a
> single, odd looking plug that connects to some kind of mini IDE adapter to
> interface with the laptop's drive bay. Does anyone make an adapter so
> this drive could connect to a standard EIDE cable and power cable?
>
> Thanks,
>
> BigSky
There are adapters available to connect laptop size IDE to desktop size IDE.
They run about $5-10. But its a zip drive so why bother?

TRENDING THREADS