Question Mod PSU for more voltage

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Do you mind my asking WHY you would wish to do so?

The inside of the power supply has components that can seriously hurt you (possibly even kill you) if you don't know what you are doing. Aside from the aspect that you are changing design parameter of the unit which could lead to other safety issues. I prefer my PC not to be on fire, the furnace works better...;)

Apr 9, 2022
Thank you for your concern. I do have some background that helps me stay alive when I go in there :)
There's numerous successful mods of other PSUs - people use the reliable "clean" DC voltage that these supplies can achieve for all kinds of stuff. In my case I am using it as a power source while coding car's modules.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I know absolutely zip about coding car modules. My own professional experience with "12V" systems is that such are typically good for power on most anything between ~9.6V upwards of mid 14. Of course, any such device would tell you the max/min expected within the spec sheet. I would imagine that a lack of overhead voltage during coding could be pretty bad.

Is an adjustable power supply not readily available for you, or just a "I have this on hand, why not" type thing?