Modbook Tablet Made From a MacBook Priced at $3,499

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine only the wealthy, or obsessed would go for this type of price. This isn't much different than the new MS Slate Pro coming out that is looking to be 1/3rd the price. I'm sure it has advantages, but not that much. I'm sure a good deal of the costs come from manual mods.

G

I'd rather wait for the Surface Pro and end up with a better product at likely 30% the cost of this silly device. Heck, for this kind of money I could grab a Surface Pro, an Ultrabook, a Desktop and have enough left over to re-carpet a room or two in my house. I'll never understand why people are willing to blow this kind of money on Apple products when better, cheaper alternatives exist.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Might as well just buy a Surface Pro. Better hardware, better software, better efficiency, extremely better price.

Sbmhome

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
iRipoff
You don't understand why people are willing to blow that kind of money on an Apple product?

Well I don't understand why people can't comprehend simple articles.

Modbook pro is NOT an Apple product.

They aren't even affiliated with Apple.

Do I think this is a dumb over priced idea? Of course I do, you can buy a MacBook Pro, iPad and PC for less that this one product.

It may have apple internals, but don't blame apple for some company that buys their product, modifies it and tries to sell it to consumers. They have nothing to do with it.

math1337

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Surface pro doesn't have active digitizer components for pen input and pressure sensitivity. Those are expensive, especially for large screens.

Sbmhome

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
Wow, they deleted my message. Nobody wants tthe public to know that's aren't related to Apple?

My original post below...

iRipoff
You don't understand why people are willing to blow that kind of money on an Apple product?

Well I don't understand why people can't comprehend simple articles.

Modbook pro is NOT an Apple product.

They aren't even affiliated with Apple.

Do I think this is a dumb over priced idea? Of course I do, you can buy a MacBook Pro, iPad and PC for less that this one product.

It may have apple internals, but don't blame apple for some company that buys their product, modifies it and tries to sell it to consumers. They have nothing to do with it.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
So, a tablet with Apple desktop OS on it, for minimum $3500
Anyone who buys this should have directed the money to getting a catscan instead, you clearly have a brain tumour
The hardware may be nice, but seriously, you need to pay about a third of this price or less

semperfidelis316

Honorable
May 3, 2012
ZOMG! Please take my money cause I'm a stupid iSheep!!! F^@#!NG IDIOTS!!!

[citation][nom]Sbmhome[/nom]Wow, they deleted my message. Nobody wants the public to know that's aren't related to Apple?[/citation]

No, they didn't delete your post, people down rated it and now it's hidden. Apple Sucks. Period. Whether it's a true Apple turd or some stupid Hackintosh.

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
I seem to remember a company that made hackintoshs, and then got sued by apple because of it. Wouldn't this be the same deal? if they aren't affiliated with apple, how can they be selling tablets made of deconstructed macbooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.