[SOLVED] Modded BIOS for HP Mini

Bubble16

Prominent
Oct 19, 2019
I'm using HP mini 210-1000 and the stock BIOS does not have any adjustments for overclocking. I can't find modded BIOS for that. I also tried SetFSB for overclocking but I don't know PLL ID of my mobo. Is there any links or can I do it in Windows?

Solution
When there are no provisions for overclocking in the BIOS, it's because overclocking on that CPU or motherboard are a very bad idea because they are not thermally capable of handling an overclock. Overclocking using FSB adjustments is a poor idea, as it affects other hardware as well and can cause system wide instability if you do not REALLY know what you are doing, when it is even possible.

Honestly, I'd forget about doing any overclocking on that device. You'd likely burn it up in short order if you even COULD figure out a way to do it.
When there are no provisions for overclocking in the BIOS, it's because overclocking on that CPU or motherboard are a very bad idea because they are not thermally capable of handling an overclock. Overclocking using FSB adjustments is a poor idea, as it affects other hardware as well and can cause system wide instability if you do not REALLY know what you are doing, when it is even possible.

Honestly, I'd forget about doing any overclocking on that device. You'd likely burn it up in short order if you even COULD figure out a way to do it.

Reactions: Bubble16
Solution
Forget about it.

Likely the mini PC motherboard is not using a chipset with overclocking support and all of the CPUs available in that laptop have a locked multiplier so overclocking is impossible.

Also, the CPU cooler and motherboard's VRMs are likely not designed for overclocking, so If you were to overclock you may damage your hardware.

And even if you could overclock, what's the point. Its not going to help the speed of something that low power.

Reactions: Bubble16