News Modder creates 'invisible' extreme gaming PC — hides 13900K, RTX 4090, and 45-inch OLED display inside a standing desk

abufrejoval

Reputable
Jun 19, 2020
Apart from the obviously oustanding mechanical marvel and visual quality I was just thinking overkill...

But then I have enough space to dedicate to computers. Others might have tiny houses, mobile homes and yachts, where the variables change.

Now, the latter ones would definitely pose extra challenges because of vibrations and salt water, but somehow I think the guy just needs extra challenges...

...and some other guys turning his concepts into something affordable to produce at scale.

Thanks a lot for the find!

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
This guy is amazingly creative and knowledgeable. The final product is truly impressive. The cool temps at the end of the video are the icing on the cake

At first. I thought there is going to be barely a niche market for this. But I will bet good money that Wall Street types and tech millionaires would LOVE this kind of setup (even with more customization!).

I can see him asking at least 1/2 a million $$ and still selling a few thousand of those! Hey, ti's only money and the desk is a work of art, maybe even with a Monet or a Van Gough wallpaper for the screen....:cool:!

distortnx

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
The GPU pulling from two different PSUs seems dangerous (it gets power from the PCIE slot also). Anyone know if that's actually an option?

ezst036

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
This is quite an amazing mod.

It seems that it would be much more do-able with lower TDP-rated parts used in entirely fan-less builds.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024
This guy is amazingly creative and knowledgeable. The final product is truly impressive. The cool temps at the end of the video are the icing on the cake

At first. I thought there is going to be barely a niche market for this. But I will bet good money that Wall Street types and tech millionaires would LOVE this kind of setup (even with more customization!).

I can see him asking at least 1/2 a million $$ and still selling a few thousand of those! Hey, ti's only money and the desk is a work of art, maybe even with a Monet or a Van Gough wallpaper for the screen....:cool:!
He makes millions with his video's. Making these absurd and wonderful projects is what he loves.

Reactions: PEnns

abufrejoval

Reputable
Jun 19, 2020
The GPU pulling from two different PSUs seems dangerous (it gets power from the PCIE slot also). Anyone know if that's actually an option?
I'm no electrician... but in DC I just don't see the issue. With AC from different mains and phases I can imagine all kinds of freak waves stacking. But here?

You've doubled fault probability and multiplied failure scenarios, but that's it.

Reactions: cyrusfox

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
He makes millions with his video's. Making these absurd and wonderful projects is what he loves.

Indeed. In many of his videos, one can get an idea how much top-end gear he gets from his sponsors.

In this video of his: Building an ACTUALLY water-cooled PC, -aside from the great (and successful) concept - one could have a good idea about the small fortune in PC parts that he gets from the sponsors (which he showcases in a spectacular way!)

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
He did a great job and many would love to have a setup like that, but the monitor is too small imo and there is a big desk.

Desks are for papers. They aren't very ergonomic in that you have to hunch over them since if you recline in some sort of office/easy chair hybrid you are too far away from your stuff. Which is fine if you want to keep yourself awake with discomfort while you toil away into the late hours, but is lacking when you want to relax in comfort sufficient to take a nap.

I like to make my pc "invisible" by just covering it up with a giant monitor. I wall mounted mine back in 2014 and the only improvements I've made are going from a 27" to a 40" extension mount, and I upgraded my chair to a nice Serta with springs in the cushion because foam goes flat. Well, and my pc has had upgrades of course. And it took way less skill and effort to setup.

Here's some pics for anybody curious enough to click a spoiler:

pushed back close to the pc
jVpORkD.jpeg

pc back there
XA0mY2W.jpeg

normal use position
pduwQLJ.jpeg

Nothing fancy, just different, more indulgent.

I also have an office setup with an uncomfortable standing desk with a pc that has all security enabled and doesn't do anything but office work and money related stuff.

Different uses and the setups really can't be combined while keeping all of their benefits. Like having a luxury, performance economy pickup truck. Try to do everything and have to make compromises on everything.

TRENDING THREADS