News Modders Bring Android to the Nintendo Switch

80-watt Hamster

Honorable
Oct 9, 2014
I've always thought the Switch needed a web browser and other apps, and the ability to lock them down for parental controls. Not sure this is the best solution, but it is a cool alternative.

When the Switch was announced, I was hoping for a semi-general-computing-capable device to supplant my 2013 Nexus 7, and found myself a bit bummed that it didn't happen. Now I feel it's probably for the best. A more tightly-focused purpose with fewer bells, whistles and hooks makes the OS easier to maintain, with the side benefit of preventing the Switch from becoming a lurking Web and social media black hole. Still has YouTube, though...

When the Switch was announced, I was hoping for a semi-general-computing-capable device to supplant my 2013 Nexus 7, and found myself a bit bummed that it didn't happen. Now I feel it's probably for the best. A more tightly-focused purpose with fewer bells, whistles and hooks makes the OS easier to maintain, with the side benefit of preventing the Switch from becoming a lurking Web and social media black hole. Still has YouTube, though...
Now that you mention it, loading screens are surprisingly slow as it is. I'd hate to see it with Android running multiple apps in the background.