Question Modding my Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Waterforce Xtreme AIO into a custom loop?

Jul 1, 2019
Hello everyone. I've been wanting to upgrade my cooling solution in my system to a custom water loop for sometime now. My GPU is, as stated above, a Gigabyte Auros RTX 2080 Waterforce Xtreme (GV-N2080AORUSX W-8GC I think) and I was wondering if it would be practical to use the waterblock that's already a part of the AIO in a custom loop. I don't what the fittings on the block are, and I'm unsure of the in the block would work in a loop. Any help or information that anyone could offer would be great! Thanks in advance!

dajuukes

Prominent
Jun 28, 2019
Unfortunately, AIOs (usually) do not use the standard fitting size, and often just superglue their tubing onto the block. In order to use a custom loop, you will probably need to buy a CPU block.

Jul 1, 2019
Unfortunately, AIOs (usually) do not use the standard fitting size, and often just superglue their tubing onto the block. In order to use a custom loop, you will probably need to buy a CPU block.
It looks and feels like it uses fairly large barbed fittings, but again I'm unsure.

EDIT: When I said large I meant long, they do seem kinda thin.

Jul 3, 2019
Did you ever open up the gpu yet? I am in the exact same situation with the same gpu, and I'm thinking if i can rip out the barb fittings, the pump and reuse the waterblock.